Tuesday, August 13, 2019

That was quite the ordeal

at least for me yesterday. I hadn't been to a dentist in over 20 years. I had some breakfast earlier at Belmont Tim's, then checked in. I had a long wait and they were running behind on the teeth cleaning. The hardest part of the visit was the teeth cleaning, because I had to swallow back up water every 30 seconds and I had some pain in some areas for when they needed to use the water pressure to break up a lot of tarter back up that formed into stone like material. They were running on Alberta Government time and could only get about 1 hour of the 1.5 hours they needed for cleaning. 


I was really nervous about the extractions part. The major problem tooth had a long root. Almost an inch in length. I felt the Doctor put pressure on me but I didn't feel any pain. The other extraction was about half an inch and it went by really fast, including the stitching. I was there for about 2 hours. Anne came over and picked me up and my next visit (September 9th) will be to finish the cleaning and a couple more extractions.  At least I know what to expect. They gave me some gauze to work with. I'm not allowed to rinse until after 24 hours, which will be at 3pm this afternoon. Salty lukewarm water. We took a cab home. I was holding up ok but got into some pain about 7pm last night once the initial sedative wore off. I took a couple of pain killers and that got me through the night even though my gums were bleeding, but not like a nosebleed. I was able to sleep alright. I'm okay now. All in all my dental experience was pretty good. The Alberta Government pays for everything. Hopefully before the end of the year I'll have full dentures. I'm just worried on how fragile they will be.

Tonight, I'm watching Smackdown from Toronto. Wednesday out on my walk. Thursday I'm home, Friday Artfx/Eskimo's/Argo's. Looking forward to this one. Saturday is our lodge bbq but it doesn't look like I'll be able to snag a ride. We're all the way out South West Edmonton. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment