Tuesday, February 25, 2020

I decided to use Microsoft's edge

as my go to web browser. Its not to bad. Previously when using IE, I couldn't (as fa as I know) save a web page to the desktop. Best I could do is save to web pages to the tiles pane hitting Windows Start key, while using Windows 10. I'm not a fan of using Google Chrome, and Edge is the only other browser Cakewalk by Bandlab recognizes.

I used Sonar home studio as my first daw (digital audio workstation) back in 2010. My friend Byron was a one man band and put together his own punk rock songs. I still have his cd here. He let me try out his copy of Sonar (by Cakewalk) I graduated to Fl. Studio 2011, and tinkered around with the hobby, spinning my wheels. I only got into music production as a passing hobby. Then when I discovered that people were using hardware to make jams or beats, I thought I would give that a try. I bought the flavour of the year Novation Circuit as my first hardware synth. So I opened my music channel "Jim Shannon on sounds."  Over the years I heard Cakewalk changed hands from Roland to some company called Gibson, (i think) then it was retired. I bought Reason 10 about 2 years ago. I didn't know Cakewalk by Bandlab was free until just the other day. I had purchased Cubase 6 back in 2012. If I would have known about Bandlab 2 years ago, I would have bought Omnisphere over Reason 10. Nothing against Reason, but Cakewalk can do the same basics as Reason, Cubase, Fl. Studio. I have some regrets that I bought Reason over even Omnisphere. At that time Long & McQuade let you put software on an account. Rewire was a Reason concept that is in Cakewalk today, which lets me record Reason plugins in Cakewalk. So I've been exploring Cakewalk over the past few days. Over the last weekend I bought at London Drugs a 10 port Usb 3 hub 😃 

Yesterday Anne bought us burgers from Boardwalk, just down the street from us beside the 7-11/Tim's store. The meat was dried out and tough. Anne liked it. The burger reminded me of Fat burger. Ugh. On a scale of 1-5,I'd rate Boardwalk a 2. So Anne thought she'd buy us some baby back ribs at Costco for supper, we had while watching the late evening news even the ribs were tough. Anne was not having a good cooking day. The only place that makes half decent burgers was Red Robin (it closed 2 months ago) Wendy's and Boston Pizza. Their "Angus beef" burgers are pretty good. 

It's not that I've stopped using Facebook, or retired my account, I'm just not posting anymore. I'm keeping messenger to occasionally chat with friends and family, and my Facebook groups. Other then Blogger, You tube and Twitter, I'm trying to be a Facebook ghost. 

Lets see, yesterday it was Monday night Raw. Good show last night. Tonight its Oilers/Anaheim, Wednesday its Oilers/VGK, Thursday its WWE's "Super show down." I think its on at 10am mountain. Friday its Artfx dnb Live stream channel. Its a 5-6 hour live stream every Friday. I'm not there for the full show but its packed full of dnb producing goodness. Saturday its Plugin Guru live stream just before Anne heads out to work, and later that evening its Winnipeg Jets/Oilers at Rogers place. I've got a full week. Also, I could be called into work as well, which could change things. I'd rather work anyway. I'll have lots of time off during the summer. Anyway, I'm not going anywhere this weekend. Anne and I went to Smitty's (Manning) Sunday. On that note, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment