Sunday, January 15, 2017

At the moment

here in the Edmonton area, we're sitting at +3, which for this time of year after that near deep freeze month, is welcome relief. This week we're calling for about the same. it would be nice if this could go to the end of the month.



So Twitter is musing the idea of banning Donald Trump. Finally, some common sense in all of this. Don't get me wrong, for the most part I like Trump, its just his reckless off the cuff Twitter comments give me pause. You don't see other world leaders behaving like this.

Finally, ETS has fixed their lrt call boards and has the eta back on. Yesterday, before my morning commute I downloaded the ETS bus tracker app. This is really handy as it gives almost an exact time of my incoming bus. The app doesn't give a gps reading though, which would have been nice so I can see where the bus is. Five minutes away though is isn't bad, and gives me a rough idea where the bus is in relation to where I am. Especially when its like -25 on a cold start to the winter commute. 

I'm thinking about getting a iPhone in September, when I'm on pension. Not just for the ETS bus tracker app when I'm, on the go, but I don't like having to ask my colleagues for sports scores. I'm off work in the summer, so its not an issue but in the autumn, its different. When I'm at lodge, its nice to have something like that handy or even the apple watch tethered to the iPhone. Usually the Oilers are always playing on that first Thursday of the month. 

So yesterday on my 2pm lunch, I'm over to the store across from where I work. The store owner (a little Chinese guy) had Smackdown Live on his little tv. He's a nice guy. I bought 2 Blackjack tickets and got a free ticket on a 18. I cashed in ticket to play once more, nothing. I bought a quick pick for the 6/49 for last nights $20M thinking I may as well since I'm on a roll. I checked the numbers earlier and I got 2 numbers for another, wait for it.....free ticket, LOL. 
  
I'm going to call ahead on Wednesday to Long & McQuade, to see if they have the Mackie mix 5 mixer in stock. At $65, I could afford that. Its about the same size as my little Nintendo. If it's in stock, I can leave out of here about 11am (its on the #3 bus route on another way into work) get the #3 at Central, get off at the stop on 101st/107th ave and pop in, pick it up and look around. Then head into work. I'm also looking at the Korg Electribe 2 Sampler for around June.

And finally, this week, I'm 1-9 everyday except Saturday and  its 10-4:30pm because of the hours per week cap here in Alberta. the Alberta Government caps it off at 41 hours in a week. Anyway, that's all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment