Sunday, January 1, 2017

Today is the day that

Today is the day that we get a new "carbon tax," er I mean levy here in Alberta. Its basically a Provincial sales tax dressed up as a "carbon tax," ooops, levy! It means that now everything is going to cost a bit more, then it already does. We haven't been outside yet to shop for anything so we don't know if the carbon tax will show up on the bill after checkout or is hidden. My guess is the latter then the former. Depending on one's income at tax time, will determine which household gets a carbon tax rebate. The cheques (apparently) are going out this week between $100 and $200 like the gst 4 times a year. What I know is that households more then $95,000/year wont get a carbon tax rebate. Those under will. Gasoline will go up as of today but how much of a tax is on that bag of chips we buy once in a while? What about lottery tickets and such? We won't know the specifics until March. A carbon tax is just like saying a Provincial sales tax because that's what it is. The "carbon tax" (levy) depending on who you ask is supposed to generate about $9.6B over 5 years and is supposed to go back into the economy, in theory. Apparently though there should be very little increase in our power bill according to this. Its better then a "carbon tax" being imposed on us by the Federal Government.

I don't watch much television these days but a heavy "aww shit," escaped my lips when I heard about William Christopher passing away yesterday. I watched MASH as it unfolded on a weekly basis in the 1970's and 80's. I thought once McLean Stevenson's "Henry Blake" was written out of the show, MASH was more or less done. Enter Henry Morgan, and over time he grew on me. William Christopher worked off Broadway, television and later in feature films as well. I always liked the character William Christopher played on MASH. He died at the age of 84 From Bill Ross's FB page.

                             Image may contain: 3 people
Tomorrow I need to make a few appointments for Thursday to see my Doctor (downtown) and my PCN Northgate. Tuesday and Wednesday this week, I'm at my market research job as the project is calling for a 3-8pm weekday shift. I've got a cheque on hold there to pick up as well. Thursday is the (I hope) Doctor then Audrey's and then the #16 bus across the street from Audrey's to Northgate for my PCN, then home for a bite to eat and then Lodge (that's "my day off"). I'm working Friday 3-8 and Saturday 10-6pm. On top of all that I'm following the Oilers and NHL games, reading my book and working on a Gadget track. After midnight, I like to go over all of my YouTube subscriptions and answer any email from Connect 2 Edmonton, etc. Anyway, that's all for now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment