Saturday, December 31, 2016

Earlier I was playing around with Elastic

drums. This was one of my Black Friday apps. Elastic drums is a synth/sampler/drum app for our iPad. Its got a lot of control and is really useful. I want to have a demo but I don't want to use just modify some presets. 

I take it all back, that 2016 has been a pretty good year. Sure in January, we lost our cat Sporty. I also read my first Western novel and I was still working between both jobs up until the end January, and the other place in February. In March I began work at the other job and working the other place and got the new Nintendo 3ds Zelda addition, and began ahem, using the seniors bus pass. It saved us over $700 this year alone. April still working both jobs. In May work slowed down but I got the Lenova pc stick, while the Fort McMurray fire was making big news. I was unemployed in June and looking for work, with no income coming in and Anne fighting with me but we were able to get our free city rec pass. Still reading lots of Westerns. In July I found more family closure thanks to a heavy email exchange with my sister getting the odd interview here and there. August I turned 64 and still more episodes of Anne fighting with me but I secured my other job for September. I didn't need to apply for my pension in because its automatic. I worked a bit between both jobs but more at the Southside location then anything. in early October the Oilers began their inaugural season at Rogers Place arena opened. In November Trump was elected President and we lost Boots. I took advantage of Black Friday and we had great weather all November. I also made a friend but I'm glad she stopped communication with me. I think I dodged a bullet there. Lots of memory work for Lodge as I was appointed Chaplin for 2017. Very little work in November at the West end job but we discovered the Hopalong Cassidy series, which we're enjoying. December, both jobs concluded for the Christmas within a day of each other and I had 11 days off. Also, what's this? The Oilers are in 4th place in the West? Thus, here we are December 31st. So despite a few losses and some setbacks, 2016 was a good year. I also broke the 40,000 page views on my blog, and gained 2 subscribers on my music channel. I thank God for small blessings. I almost forgot about our latest acquisition our new member of the family Rusty earlier this month,this guy:




So now Sunday is January 2017. I'm back to work at the West end job. Looks like its more or less steady until mid February. I'll be setting up the Southside job. When I'm on pension, I'll still work 4 days a week. Anyway, Happy New Year everyone. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment