Thursday, December 15, 2016

I like overcast skies heading on my

afternoon commute. That Sun even while wearing sunglasses can be glaring in my eyes. At least we're no longer in that arctic vortex that's held a ice grip over the city for the last ten days. Right now its -16/-23 wind chill.

So Trudeau is ramping up its national legalize marijuana (pot, mainly to tax it) campaign promise. I'm split over this whole thing. Just the ethics of legalizing pot alone gives me pause. On one hand by legalizing pot and having pot sold at specific retail vendors, will have a significant impact on crime. Also, by legalizing pot, pot users will know what their getting. Buying pot by a dealer, could be laced with anything. What I don't like about this, is that I might be faced with breathing in unwanted 2nd hand pot smoke. I live here in Capital place apartments, and have been doing so for the last 16 years. Use street view and zero down the first building across the street from the Dollarrama. You see that strange wooden thing on the main floor? I go past that everyday. My wife and I suspect pot users. More so in the summer, but now we'll be breathing in 2nd hand pot smoke. I imagine a lot of my colleagues will be "high,"during their shift. I can see companies installing a periodic work place drug policy, that could affect me as well. Many people I know in the trades face that already, now with this even more so, and what about the legal snags surrounding that? Who can I trust now getting behind the wheel of a car that drives me to Southgate or from the lodge home? Also, what about the dealers that are going to target their customers? "You continue to buy from me or else," threats, and the collateral damage that can cause. Pot gets on peoples cloths and smells bad. What about quantities and price? There are other issues as well such as mothers smoking cigarettes around their children. Now children will be exposed to 2nd hand pot smoke. What about the ramifications of that? Since pot (depending on who you talk to) is addictive, how is that going to affect the household? Again price. "But Jim, as a teenage from the 1960's didn't you smoke pot?" Once and I got nothing out of it. Since JT and this plan to legalize pot is in uncharted waters, there's just too much we don't know, like how will this affect the Canadian US boarder for the states that have yet to legalize pot? There's all kinds of legal snags to get around over the next months ahead.

So, today I'm in at my South side job as that's winding down next week. I expressed my desire to work in January if there is any clean up work. I have a few things I'm looking at for January. I'm hoping to go in on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the market research job, and 3 days at the South side job to wrap up the year. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment