Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Since May 12 1980

I've been writing a kind of daily journal. I'd write this out on hard copy, sometimes going on for pages at a time. Those hard copies are still here and there could be about 20,000+ pages. Just things going on in my daily life, the women I've been interested in my ahem, "encounters" with them etc. The journal was to be a kind of "occult journal", a documentation of the "The great work" whatever that means. I wanted it to be like Aleister Crowley's diaries, however, it never got to be that way. I hid each "volume" here in my office as best I could until September 2005 when my wife found my diary and read my musings about this woman I had a passing interest in. That interest evaporated within a month but as that interest was sputtering out Anne read the entry. Since Anne and I have been married December 6th 2000, I have never had a external relationship with another woman. Anne occasionally rubs salt in those wounds.

So as of 2005 I've had a electronic copy of my diary on 2 different computers. The first was a custom made pc in 2001. The PC came with about 10Gb of hard drive space. There's nothing on that pc worth saving. Thanks to the Ralph Kline resource cheques in 2005 I bought a Windows Xp media centre pc. Right after Anne discovered that journal entry September 2005, I went from that to my blog in 2005. I can't recall if my journal went electronic on my old pc. It was a ATX tower and I recall I had both of them running together, so most likely I was running a journal on the old ATX machine running Windows Millennium 2005-2010. I still have the original millennium cd. Since I took out the ram of the old pc for a colleague and I don't know where it is  to reinstall it. It might be easier to take out the hard drive from the old ATX and install it into one of my empty drive bays into the Windows Xp machine to see if I can still use it.

Okay, so where all this is going (finally) this morning when I tried to open my diary pt. 2 Microsoft Works wouldn't open it. I had pt.1 on a usb flash drive and pt.1 was a longer document and it opened for me, no problem. Pt. 2 on the flash drive went until May of this year but there is 6 months of a journal gap. I tried downloading Abiword but there are some programing issues and Open office with the same. Works, fits best for me but now I don't know if I can trust it any more  to open a new document. I need to eventually migrate from that platform anyway, eventually. 

At the moment my commute weather this afternoon is going to fell like -27. I wore a t-shirt under my sweater and that worked ok. I don't mind cold, it's just the ice. Coming off the curb just by Shoppers here is a stretch of ice where vehicles have been packing it down. So its better to cross a few paces before where there is less ice. otherwise I need to where cleats for that one little area.

Anyway, I'm out of here in an hour to Southgate on the lrt, for my short bus trip into work. As long as I'm dressed for winter, it doesn't bother me too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment