Wednesday, December 28, 2016

It took me long enough but the book that

I began reading August 13th, was finished yesterday afternoon. It took me almost 20 weeks to read "Space Vulture." At the moment, I can't see myself reading a trilogy. So I opted instead for Greg Bear's Darwin's radio instead of Larry Niven/Brenda Copper's "Building Harlequin's moon." It logs in at 5380 pages. I hope to finish reading it around Family day weekend.
                         book cover of 

Darwin's Radio 

 
One of the children's toys trending this year is Hatchables. There's a You Tube video where it appears the toy is saying something naughty: "F--- me." In local news a family was concerned about this and Tweeted the company about this strange anomaly. The parent company that makes the Hatchables toys says they are aware of the video but the local parents did not get a response. When our local news got in contact with the company they replied that the toy is not saying anything inappropriate. Like they are going to make a toy that says that right out of the box, yeah right. But it is funny.

Anne and I are having a couple of lazy days, at home lately, still processing yesterday. Its nice having this time off and when I go on pension in September, I can see working 4 days/week and a long weekend every week. I'm on YouTube a lot watching documentaries and reading. We go to bed about 4am these days. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment