Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Winter solstice arrived here in

Edmonton at 3:44 this morning. After today the days get longer by seconds and then by minutes moving into January and February. With the weather warmer then its been some time off and some income coming in, I feel pretty good about myself.

On my commute home from work last night I began getting mild blood sugar shakes. I had a cookie left over from my lunch at Belvedere station and felt a bit better. I had one thing on my mind pulling into Clareview and boarding the #183 as it was ready to pull out: Getting my $15 iTunes gift card. I picked that up at Shoppers and headed home. Anne was making us a kind of "Shepherds pie." I make mine better in layers and put more cheese in the mash potato and some dried onion in the hamburger with a mix of regular and lean ground. Anne had to go across the street to Shoppers for cream corn and I had a couple of cookies to boost up my sugars. Feeling better I redeemed my iTunes card, and bought Elastic Drums, and Bilbao for Korg Gadget. I'll be playing around with these over the holidays, installing Linux on my laptop, finishing my book and relaxing.

My Westend job's last day of calling before they break for the holidays is today. That's when the cheques are ready. Last day of calling for my Southside job is tomorrow. So I'll be out of here at 2pm later today to run over and get my cheque, then swing into work. I need to have my iPod charged so I can catch the scores on the Oilers/Anaheim game tonight. Then Friday, the Oilers are in San Jose. As for this afternoon, I'm going to suggest to Anne because I have the extra days on my Southside job, that I should just leave my 2 day cheque at the other place for the New Year. Saves me a bit of running around this afternoon. If it was left up to me, I'd say ok. I might anyway. 

I'll have another blog post over the weekend, most likely Saturday as I'm getting into my Christmas holidays. I had such a good night on the job yesterday, I'm hoping for about the same today and tomorrow to close out the year. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment