Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Our household was stunned when we heard the news that

Star Wars Carrie Fisher had a heart attack but she was recovering. When I opened my email moments ago there was the "Famous lives led" thread. Now what? That's when I learned about Carrie Fisher dead at the age of 60. Oh my god. What a shocker. If losing Bowie and Prince this year wasn't enough, now this. Carrie Fisher was here in Edmonton at Our Edmonton Expo in September. I remember all the media hype leading up to the movie original Star wars movie in the Spring of 1977. Gord and I were keen on seeing it but the only place where it was shown was at a drive in located in Surrey lower mainland. There was so much going on in my life at that time. I was 25 when I saw the first Star Wars movie the week it opened and it was love at first sight. Hearing about Carrie Fisher, saddens me a great deal. Like Bowie, that was part of my youth. Now here I am at the age of 64 being diabetic, a heart attack could happen to me. Heart attacks are the #1 cause of death for people that are diabetic. Carrie Fisher, very sad news indeed. Losing our cat Sporty in January, hearing about David Bowie, Prince and losing Boots and now Carrie Fisher. Its been a rough year in this household. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment