Sunday, December 18, 2016

Heading home after work

last night I felt good completing almost a full day on the job. Even the weather on my commute home felt good and I got work (more or less) secured for January and February.

This morning before bed, I thought about hacking my iPod Touch 5 gen, since i0S 9.3.5 there will no more os updates after that for this thing. A bit of YouTube research later, I came across several jailbreak options. All without the use of a computer. One video, (August) for i0s 9.3.5 demo a 4 step process. I did everything right but no Cydia. There were no changes on my iPod. Oops, I forgot to turn off the application (which wasn't made clear in this process/video. It was made clearer in another video) before shutting off my iPod. I tried again and the first attempt kept refreshing the process. I tried (properly this time) and still nothing. I found another video and a different process, which was more complicated but it works, more or less. When I use the Cydia app, the second process states this is a Cydia alternative (clone) My iPod still isn't jail broken and when in "Cydia" the first process keeps refreshing with other apps to try. Later on I'm going to delete all this stuff and try again back to the first attempt. Its a easy process as long as the instructions and the one hacking knows what they are doing. I hope hacking my new Ntendo 3ds is as easy. I'm trying to find a screen recorder my 32 bit iPod can handle, since Airshou wont work and Vidyo won't work on my 32 bit iPod. I'll be doing stuff like this over the Christmas break.

This week I'm at the other place on the South side until Thursday. I just have a out of my way stop to pick up my cheque for the 2 days. Then after Thursday, my Christmas break for 11 days begins. Excellent. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment