Monday, December 5, 2016

Here I am shortly before 9am looking at my bedside

clock. Huh, its 9am. Shit, I'm going to miss my 9am bus to work and I didn't have supers phone # to call in. I'll miss my shower, I'll fill my empty pop bottle. Friday night I can leave my work file and box of pencils, etc on our stations reserving our spaces if we're in on Saturday, so at least I have my spot reserved. I'm up out of bed feeding the cats, scrambling, wait now, its Monday morning. I'm getting too old for this. I went back to bed.

About 4pm yesterday we got this huge snowstorm. It was howling out there my friends. Long range weather showed -20's never mind the wind chill. Looks like its going to be boots and my open face balaclava mask for me from now on. So this morning I'm up just before noon, fixing my coffee and it's -17 out there now. The thing is we got ourselves a dusting of snow (again) here in the Edmonton area, that's it! The long range is anywhere from -18, to -22, with an average of -20. Still not too bad. Last so called blizzard we got, was just a dusting of snow like this one but we get the change of temperatures instead. Over the last number of recent years, our snow accumulation in the Edmonton area hasn't been very much anyway. Usually we'll get maybe 2 inches of snow that stays packed on the ground and melts in late March. Besides I'm not working outside, so weather doesn't affect me that much. The only hardship winter has on me is waiting for the bus and if I time it right my wait is 5 minutes maybe 10. The only thing I don't like about winter is the freezing rain. I'd take this weather over freezing rain any day. 

My wife has her sister here in town on a working visit, so Anne might be leaving with me. She can ride in with me to University station. Her sisters hotel room isn't that far away. As for me, this week, its my South side job until Thursday. Friday and Saturday its my market research job. If I can get the next 2 weekends in at that place and my South side job goes until December 22nd, then we should be ok from there for January. About the only exciting thing for me this week, is getting my iTunes card for iM1 for Gadget and one of the 3 "Space marine battles" books I have waiting for me at Audrey's. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment