Tuesday, October 21, 2014

So far my

9 hour days are holding out ok but its early yet. Anything can happen and I'm prepared for anything. If these hours hold out ok by mid next month I should have enough for my new computer. There were only 3 of us on the project at 10pm last night. It was nice to get out of there and enjoy the walk to Corona in the nice mild air and to get on the train and on my way home despite the wait at Corona. At Rexall all the Oiler fans spent a few extra minutes boarding the train and they seemed pretty happy. The Oiler's must have won. However the downside was I  missed that bus and I ended up walking home from Clareview station. The weather was nice and mild and I didn't mind too much. It was nice to be surounded by all that copper and blue. I checked my iPad when I got home and the Oiler's finally won the first attempt out of 5 games as the finale score was 3-2 for us.

I just took this of the window installers and it looks like they are doing 2 suites at a time as they want to be done this side by first snow and do the rest next Spring. I just put  my earplugs in and sleep from there and it doesn't bother me.

They're doing lots of pounding and hammering below. Anne tells me the windows look really nice and lock without having to put a stick in the frame. The locking mechanism is much better.

I got home last night to answer some email and watch what was left over of Monday night Raw. Better show this week then last week. "Hell in a cell" pay per view is this Sunday but I'll be at work.

One of the new guys also an Oiler fan was showing me that he can get live TV on his smart phone. We tried to get some of the game on his phone but apparently his trial offer expired. Our cable bill is about $120/month and I just wonder how much his would cost with data on his phone but we have a lot of specialty channels. He said his plan is $75/month. Having TV on a cell phone would be great to watch the games on my break or if they are in progress on my way home but I just can't justify another $130/month. That'd be great to watch WWE pay per views on a cell phone on my breaks at work. It would make sense if I was working full time or when I'm on pension in a few years but not with this job.  

I must have got 6.5 hours of sleep overnight and i don't feel too bad. Lets see how I am Saturday morning when I have to get up and go to lodge. Anyway, another 1-10 shift today so that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment