Thursday, October 16, 2014

Last night on

national news they brought up the R word, recession, a global recession. Our household was able to weather that storm only because I was working at Xentel and I had a good job. This time around I don't know. At the moment our local unemployment rate is about 5% (lowest in the country) but big Oil barrel price is dropping yesterday at $84, and our dollar is way down from a month ago. I'm employed now and probably up to the end of April. After that?

I've got a full day today and I'll be heading out of here in about a hour. One thing is certain at the end of this month I'm paying my lodge dues for 2015 while i have the funds. 

The Oiler hockey game last night in Phoenix was a disaster:7-4! Hall scored 2 goals ad got a helper. He's the only guy doing anything on the team. Goal tending was dismal. Yes there are still 80 more games to be played but this is a crucial month.
 
At least the Sun is shining and the weather for my commute looks pretty good this afternoon. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment