Wednesday, October 22, 2014

By now most of us are well informed

about the terrorists in the middle east. Murderers is a better term. Yesterday one of these would be terrorist drove a car into some Canadian off duty military personnel killing 1 and eventually himself, and earlier the tragedy in Ottawa. Is it  time for us to close the boarders from people coming from countries like Iraq or Syria? Do we need to go that far with these people? Not all of them hold radical ideas. How many other Zehaf-Bibeau's are there out there? For security reasons I've often wondered why does the military insist on have our off duty military dress in their uniforms, especially when mixing with the public? Its an open invitation for something like this to happen. Is this another armageddon? The murderers are not just in the middle east, they're right here. Only difference is they're not in black masks and waving black flags.

I don't know how long I'll be on this shift. I hope its for the duration but I'm just day-by-day on this current project.

Our District meeting is Saturday and I had a chance to skim over our District lodge report. The whole thing takes about 2 minutes to read. Apparently my secretary will be giving it to me there. In the meantime I'm going to print off a copy of what I have on hand. There, I'm having a adult beverage (beer) and possibly a bite to eat, depending on what my JW is bringing. But again, I'm up early. I haven't had a good sleep in since last Wednesday. I could use 3 days off but I also need the money. I don't mind having Saturday off, I just wish this thing was later in the afternoon so I could sleep in.

We've got another beautiful day out there. Sunsets at 6:22pm now as our "summer season" is about to come to a close. Daylight savings time, when we set our clocks back an hour will be November 2nd. Anyway, that's about all today.

No comments:

Post a Comment