Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The snow that fell yesterday had come and gone

as there is a bit on the ground but not much. October and early April are almost identical around here, except October leads into cold and dark and April leads into warmth.

Hard to believe Halloween is only a few days away. After that its November. Sunday we change our clocks ahead 1 hour as the Sun sets about 6pm now and then about 5pm next week. We had a good Summer, lots of warm hot days a cool thunderstorm that sent me home early when the lights went out at Direct Buy. Direct buy saved my Summer financially because my current job usually dries up as far as work goes. Things slow down. I'd get 2 shifts/week, if that if I'm lucky. When work slows down again maybe by the end of May or so, I'll be looking for another "Direct buy" kind of job for next Summer. This is how it's going to go until I'm on pension for the next 2-3 years. Then I'll take what I can get and not worry when work slows down. Yet Halloween is almost here. It's a fun time for kids and adults.

As for me I've got another full day ahead. I'm surprised I'm holding up so well. By 8pm though, I'm feeling it and watching the clock. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment