Saturday, January 14, 2017

Yesterday I popped into the

little orbit store at Central station and picked up a blackjack ticket. I was determined to slap Friday the 13th in the face and win something today. I got upstairs and there was my #5 bus pulling away. I was early so, I wasn't going to sweat it. After a bit of a wait I got the next #5 and I got to work on time. At my 3pm break I played my blackjack ticket and won $5! I was having a good start to the shift. At my 5pm break I headed over to the store across the street, put an extra buck in and bought and played 3 games. When I saw an 18 appear I knew I was going to win. Wu who, $50! Then I bought to more tickets and another $10. So that's $65 for $12. Not bad. Thank you Friday the 13th!

So yesterday Justin Trudeau was out on his country wide tour. He said off the cuff something about phasing out the Alberta oilsands. This ruffled a few feathers hear in Alberta. Especially with Jane Fonda coming here early last week.
Robbie Picard, founder of the local booster group Oil Sands Strong, he said to Fonda: “Are you aware that Jim Boucher from the Fort McKay First Nation just (invested) $250 million into the oilsands? Are you aware there’s 289 aboriginal businesses?” Most likely Fonda zoned him out. Why Trudeau would make such a statement when just weeks ago approved two pipelines here in Alberta? Strange.

I'm out of here at 9am for a full day. After my break at noon, the shift basically becomes a an afternoon shift. On my lunch break I'm heading back over to the store to buy 2 more blackjack tickets. I think my luck has run out but its fun to play. I'll get my last break at around 4pm. The shift slows down on a Saturday after 4pm and drags out by this time I'm struggling to power through the balance of the shift. Then I'm heading home to have a nap and watch the Flames/Oilers game. All next week, I'm 1-9pm except Saturday I'm off work at 4:30pm. I'll have 41 hours on the week and hopefully the same for next week but its just week-by-week. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment