Sunday, January 8, 2017

Not a lot going on today

just taking it easy after waking up on the early side of 1pm. With that sleeping pill in my system, it really knocked me out. I slept for a good 9 hours. When marijuana is legal here I'm going to try inhaling some depending on cost after work to help me with my rls. I'm in the middle of my first coffee, to help me wake up here.

A bit of a rant coming up: City low floor buses have a kneeling feature where upon request, the operator flips a switch or presses a button to lower the front door of the bus so those with mobility issues like myself can board easier. its called kneeling the front door. Most bus operators do that for me anyway but the bus driver yesterday morning when I asked "Please lower the front door." Just looked at me. I asked again and he did nothing. It was a difficult step for me to board the bus. Also the driver wouldn't like most do, pause for a bit or merge into traffic slowly. The driver was just being a dink because the bad weather was pissing him off. Human nature at work. I exited the bus at Clareview by the front door. "Have a better day." I knew that would bug him. ETS always rotates bus drivers and most of them are pretty good but if its the same bus driver next Saturday morning I'm going to put one step on the front door show my seniors pass and ask to kneel the bus door again: "I have mobility issues, please kneel the front door." If he refuses again, once inside I'm going to ask very nicely as he is just about to pull into Clareview and I'll look right at him as I'm halfway out the door: "Excuse me Mr. bus driver, I don't mean to give you attitude, and I'm asking nice but I thought you are supposed to kneel the front bus door upon request, or am I missing something here?" If he refuses to answer then I'll say as I'm leaving halfway out the door: "Alright, since now your giving me attitude, and I'm asking in a nice way a reasonable question, I'm calling ETS to make a formal complaint about you. You can chew on that for the rest of the day, have a nice day."

So that incident soured my mood for the rest of the way to Central station and into work. I wasn't late for work or anything. Actually I had a good start to the day as the project's flow rate was calling for 1 complete an hour. I had 4 by my noon break, 6 by my lunch break and 10 by 5:45pm. That's when I need to manage my time better near the end. As my colleague would say "sand bagging" I knew my last call would be a complete (usually always is) just as super was calling for time sheet. That's on me not on him. With this weather everyone wants to get home at a decent time. The survey kept me in the office long enough where I missed that 6:10pm #5. I went to the store and bought a blackjack ticket and played the ticket in the shelter waiting for my bus. In the cold even 10 minutes seems like a long time. Normally if I can catch the first bus I can get into the apartment by 7pm. I got home at about 7:35pm.  

Other then the commute in and after the job/commute back, I had a decent day yesterday. I was able to catch the Oilers/Devils just starting OT with the Oilers winning in OT. I had a great night. Anne called me on her break. This week I'm in 3-9 so I get (hopefully) a full 30 hours in before Sunday cut off I'll have a strong cheque for mid January. My commute both ways were just minor incidents. Moods can easily be affected in this weather. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment