Sunday, January 22, 2017

Yesterday morning it was very foggy out

here. At 8:50am I barely could see across the street. ETS bus tracker showed my #11 to Clareview was 8 minutes away. That was about the only thing on my Saturday morning commute that went right for me. So yesterday my train leaves out of Clairview at 9:15am, yeesh. Normally it leaves out of there about 9:10am. I knew for the 2nd time this week, I’d be late, then the train has to stop at the garage, and then the train has to waddle in between Coliseum and Stadium and even stopped for about 30 seconds at one point by Inland Cement there. Then just before Churchill station, an announcement: “We’re going to be a bit delayed while the Metro train clears out of Churchill.” That’s a five minute wait. Then at Churchill, “We’re going to be delayed as we’re on 1 track waiting for the train from Bay station,” I knew I was going to be late for sure now. What the heck is going on? Finally at Central I'm working my way up the concourse levels and I’m met with what seems to be a "phalanx of panhandlers" in my way, (seldom ever see any) and then every bus but mine appeared at Central station, street level. Finally when the #5 did arrive, it pulled out of Central about 9:40am. Ordinarily I'd be just pulling up to about where the Jewish Sen agog is and I'd be in the office for the Saturday morning briefing by 9:50am. I ended up being 15 minutes behind schedule but another colleague was late also and slightly ahead of me heading into the building. Her reason for being late was different from mine, (next Saturday, I'm leaving out of here to catch the 8:20 bus. I'll be downtown by 9am and I can even get breakfast if I want) I was just a few minutes behind her. At my only break (it was a 6.5 hour shift) I asked Super in light of what happened all this week and my commute, if I could book out at 3pm. I was in a cranky mood and had no energy for anything. Super emphasized with me. I put 5 hours in on my time sheet and left at 3pm.

The first thing I wanted to do was to head over to Long and McQuade to their downtown location,107 and 101st, just a few steps away from The Brick. I picked up my little Mackie Mix 5 mixer and a double end xlr 3.5 audio cable. My bill was $80. This is my first mixer. Its going to be great because it will allow me to hook up gear like the Korg Volca's right from the mixer into the iPad/Audioshare. I had a brief look around and headed to catch a bus to Jasper Ave. I got off just before Jasper Ave and took the lrt entrance by the RBC bank building there. Again the train was late. 

Just outside crossing the street, I had another vehicle cut me off. I got home by 5 pm to unpack my goodies. The mixer works great, right out of the box. I ended up watching the8pm Oilers/Flames game. Anne came in as the game was just winding down and I could tell she was moody about something. 7-3 Oilers. The Oilers haven't had 60 points since the 1980's. After a meh dinner of a pork chop and foiled potatoes, and Anne's sour mood on me I watched "Hopalong Cassidy," got my sleeping pill and went to bed about 3:30 this morning and woke out of bed at about 12:30pm, to write in my journal and compose this blog post. Of course my first cup of coffee. 

At the moment its overcast with a hint of fog left over from yesterday in the air. It feels more Spring like then winter. Not too hot or cold. The trees have this dusting of frost on them. It looks very nice out there. If the weather holds like this until the end of February, great. Not much else going on right now. Anne's out shopping. She just left without a word, mumbling something about Walmart. Other then our late brunch, I've got nothing planned. I'll be playing with Gadget a bit after brunch and messing around with that and the winding down of NAMM 17. All this next week ahead its 1-9pm and 4:30pm on Saturday. I need the hours. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment