Monday, May 2, 2022

April has been a colder

month around here. I've never seen it this cold in April before and this month looks like it's no better.  We usually have the leaves budding out by now.

Another anomaly of the last few weeks is my casual job usually has projects and I'd have work about now. The boss thinks that this month's work prospects could be slim to none. What's even as discerning is that in market research, it's not unusual to be winding projects down by the end of June. So far this year, I've had ~ 83 hours of work. I'm not going to go out and look for anything new. If we just have one or two projects in October/November that helps out my pension next year. Last year I made more than I wanted and I'm somewhat nervous about my pension when the Feds adjust it in September. I'm sure I'm going to take a bit of a hit.

Anne and I have been invited to renew our lease here at Wyndham Crossing. So we're going to go to the office mid-afternoon today and sort that out. So far it's clean and quiet living here and at least our rent won't change. After that, we're going to go to Earls for dinner and then home. I'm going to try out the walker as well and see how that works for me.

Tonight it's Game #1 LA Kings/Edmonton Oilers for the first 2 then it's Oilers in LA for the next 2 and then 1 here there etc. I suspect this series will go to a game #7 and I predict it will be LA in 7. Anyway, that's all for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment