Saturday, September 10, 2022

While I never met

Queen Elizabeth, she was here in Edmonton the week before I arrived to open the Commonwealth games. The same week my brother got married. I got a job here and stayed after that leaving everything else behind. I was vaguely aware the Queen was even here in this city at the time. The arrival of the Queen (I seem to recall) made almost as much excitement as the games themselves. As I look back on that moment in history it was a special time in my life. Was it really 44 years ago? Wow. 

Yesterday (after fasting for 12 hours) I headed out to Northgate mall, to see if I can get my compression stockings a week early and to Dynalife. It was a beautiful sunny day. I had lots of water with me. On my way, I cashed in a Blackjack ticket at the Clareview Redimart. I won $10 playing on Wednesday. I bought 5 more tickets to play for later. As for the stockings I'm on a program that covers 50% of those stockings. When I got to where I pick-up my stockings the girl at the counter said they don't even have them in stock to give them to me. So they placed an order for me. Then upstairs to Dynalife to get that blood sample to my Doctor. They didn't have the form on file. Which was odd because they usually do hold it for a few days. I think next time I'm going to make an appointment so there is no waiting. I heard in the line up there was a 40-minute wait time. So shot down twice. I bought some breakfast at Tim's, sat in the food court playing my scratch and win tickets, having a great time anyway. I won another $15 😲 That partially covered my Tim's breakfast. After I ate, I headed to the lottery booth and bought 5 more blackjack tickets to play when I get home. So I took a long way around inside the mall instead of just heading out the back way under the parkade. Northgate mall finally have the benches installed, which made navigating out of the mall easier. On my way out I noticed something called "Game City." I never knew this story existed before. It's basically a comic book card game store. They have a lot of Magic the Gathering cards. Some of them  (under a glass counter) have a price of $50+ Wow. 

Still, on my outing from yesterday, I hobbled over to Northtown Transit and waited for the #123 Coliseum. From there the plan was to get the #104 and head home. It was such a nice day. While on the home I figured let's stop here at the Highlands Long & McQuade store. it used to be the old Safeway. I wanted to get the Arturia MiniFuse 2 audio interface since my Focusrite "died" on me about a week ago. I took $100 from my savings and $100 on my visa. I'll pay ~ 80% of my bills at the end of the month including my Arturia interface. Even Tim Waterson on staff was there my old work colleague from iMark. It was great chatting it up with him. Also, the good news in all of the above, I even ended up with over 4,000 steps. Despite not getting my compression stockings and bloodwork, I had a good day. 

As for today, I'll be watching the Stampeders at Edmonton. Can the Elks finally win at Commonwealth? That game is on at 6pm.

Work will resume on Monday. I'm looking forward to getting back so I can pay my bills. I'll be posting in here once a week. Most likely on Sundays. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment