Monday, July 5, 2010

As Monday's go this one seems to be okay

Saturday while winding down the last hour at work I sat beside Said about to charge up his Itouch. I said I’m picking up one of those USB chargers eventually. He said, “You never got one that came with your Itouch?” Huh?

Apparently they are shipped with each unit but when you buy from a 3rd party outlet, they take all the extra things they can get away with and sell them separately. He said you get way more things when you buy direct. In this case from the Apple store but I wanted the Itouch that afternoon when I got it 2 months ago just before Pat & Barry came by to take us out for dinner. I wasn’t going to go all the way out to WEM. But I didn’t know this at the time.
Last night I wanted to test Said’s theory. I checked out 3 separate Itouch 8 Gb “un-boxings.” And not one of those un-boxings show any USB adapter chargers. Unless all of those people bought their Itouch from a store like Future shop, this little experiment only answered part of the question. The recharger is a $35 item. I just called our local Apple store and even they said the USB recharger cube does not come with the Itouch its an item sold separately for $35. Same price as Future shop. Still for such a small thing it sure is pricey.

Last night I was trying to get a banner replacement for my site logo in Gimp 2. I got up to the bucket fill but the guy on YouTube lost me with paths. I have another YouTube that breaks posting the log and image down in a matter of minutes. Very easy to do. I’ll be doing this over the next few days.

Another problem I have is (and I think its with Firefox/Geeklog) is I can’t get hyperlinks to work in GL. They work ok for Blogger. I’m trying to get a photo Anne took of me for my banner “I’m a baby boomer Sci-fi geek with a laptop.”

We’re only +14 out there temperature wise and we’re supposed to get rain over the next few days but warmer weather is coming. I like summer when it’s about +25 but not for long periods of time, hard to sleep at night.

I’ll be leaving out of here at 4pm for my commute into the office for my 5-9 then home about 9:50pm to settle in for my Monday night Raw. I don’t know I Haven’t seen Triple H around for a long time but it seems he‘s been working on a movie called “The Chaperone.” The other thing I noticed while watching that dismal showing of the Esks/BC game was a commercial for ABC’s new game show called “Downfall.” Downfall is hosted by none other then Chris Jericho of the WWE. Cool. The show‘s been out for a couple of weeks now. Anyway, that’s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment