Thursday, July 1, 2010

its good to be back in the Blogger swing of things

Ok I’ve got my old Blogger template back and with a matching URL that the feeds can recognize. Finally. Key words can be a tricky thing but one key word can make my site hits jump significantly. For example, I’ll mention Larry King, who announced that he’s going to be retiring soon. I’ll post this and by the end of the day, my page views will increase significantly.

Today’s NHL UFA day is pretty quiet. The guy I wish the Oiler’s could move would be Shawn Horcoff but as of July 2008 he signed a $33M 6 year deal with the Oiler’s. I like Horcoff but no way is he worth $33M. Whoever signed that deal ought to have had their head examined. Of course hind site is what it is, nobody realized he’s been playing like a junior over the last number of years. He’s tying up a lot of cap room. At 5.5M season, he’s hardly worth it and I’ve seen him play and no way is he worth 5.5M. Maybe 2M and this time last year the Oilers sign Khabibulin for a $15M 4 year deal and his first game in he lets in a couple of squeakers against the Flames. That’s almost $10M/year tied up in precious cap room between 2 players. Then Khabi gets injured and then Feb 17th gets a DUI charge in Phoenix and with Horcoff barely showing up and Hemsky injured and everything else that’s happened no wonder why the Oiler’s had a dismal season last year 09-10. But that season netted them the #1 draft pick. Thing is they’ve got another 3 years Khabbi and 4 years with Horcoff. But they didn’t know Khabbi would get injured as well. The Oiler’s need a competent goal tender and Marty Turco is available as an UFA the Oiler’s should sign him and let Khabbi play back up but exactly where Khabbi is health wise, I don’t know. So far the UFA day is kind of lame. The Oiler’s are trying to move Sheldon Souray who is another heavy hitter cap room wise and is an UFA and wants out of Edmonton.

It’s not like its +28 out there or anything but the people below us have a inflatable pool out back and the kids are having fun. It’s a fair size pool as well. Its only +18 out there and not a hot day for a pool party. I’m enjoying my day off. Anyway, that’s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment