Saturday, July 3, 2010

For once, I had a decent Friday night sleep overnight

I was listening to the last bit of the Dragon page Cover to Cover (#413A) pod cast from last week. They had guest author Larry Doyle on talking about his book and how he broke into Hollywood as a screen writer, it’s a very sobering honest informative interview. I mean its not Jake & Vienna or anything but its good stuff.

Yesterday I made a detour to my Scotia bank to make a small deposit before heading into the office. I got as many empties as I could. Seems I have a bit of competition for the empties as one of the newbie’s is stacking up a few of them on me.

I don’t ordinarily watch Smackdown on a Friday night but I was board so I turned it on and watched the whole thing. Anne made me a nice supper. I’m glad I watched the show, it was fun. I went to bed early at 12:30am listening to a bit of the Cisco Kid before passing out.

This years local Pure Speculation event will be held at the Shaw conference center October 22-24th. The GOH will be Tanya Huff. This year, Baby boomer Geek with a laptop will be there to check on some of the panel’s and other events going on. The other big convention coming up later in Toronto this August will be Fan Expo, which I’d love to go to. Victor Lucas will be there from “Reviews on the Run.” I like this guy he brings a mirthful yet fresh approach to gaming reviews. Some good things going on this summer.

This evening I’m going to buckle down with a couple of solid hours worth of writing. I don’t like how the opening to DS is working so I might just go ahead and scrap the whole thing and start from the beginning.

Sunday, I’ve got another Doctor Who episode to catch and after that it’s the first regular season game opener for the Eskimo’s CFL game. I hope its televised. Usually its on TSN. Anyway, that’s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment