Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yesterday was good

today even better. This post was put together about midnight this morning but this info is more current. I had a decent day today at work pulling in top total but my credit card sales were low. I got a $100 sale and bumped it up to $200. I was glad to get out of there at 7pm and I got home shortly ahead of 7:30pm.As of Monday, I'm back 12:30-9 unless Jerrys says I can come back to business

The weather out there is awesome tonight. I love unsettled weather. I can hear distant thunder, we have spotted showers. We got it all. 

This morning a little earlier then I needed to. I was concerned if we were going to be laid off due to this current postal strike. My place of employment relies on the mail as we do about 90% of our business with Canada Post. Super basically said we are to ask for credit cards more then ever but if the client doesn't have a card we can still hold them an invoice and ship it out when the strike is over. The list we were working on was beat up enough as it was but I did the best I could with what I had to work with. I was grateful when 6pm rolled around.


The only thing on my mind was to get back home to watch the hockey game. I bet one of the guys $20 Boston to win and he thought I was crazy. My buddy is always good paying off his debts to me. I also bet the boss (at the game in Vancouver) $20 Boston to win. I'll get $20 and $20 from the boss. Sweet. I got home at the half way part of the first period. Not bad. Before the first period was over Boston scored 1-0. I knew that was the game breaker. I checked back and fourth doing other things through-out the game. Boston 2-0, 3-0 in the 3rd, then 4-0 with a few minutes left in the game. I knew Vancouver wasn't going to come back from that. Boston was just to much for Vancouver them to handle but that wasn't the big story out of the game. After the game the fans watching the game outside (numbering in the thousands) on the big screen decided to riot. Cars were torched, businesses had windows smashed, riot police on the streets. It looked like something out of a G8 summit gathering and at this hour it's still going on. The downtown core is in a real mess as Police had to use tear gas. As far as I'm concerned anybody not heading Police loud speaker warnings to get out of the Core and go home should have been arrested and charged just for even loitering around watching, obstructing justice is what its called. That was anything but a peaceful assembly. What an embarrassment to the city of vancouver. This happened to us here in Edmonton in 2006 but not to that degree. Even back then I thought that "fan reaction" was despicable. Yet in Boston, the fans there were much more agreeable and peaceful. For that reason (my feelings at this moment) Canadian hockey cities don't deserve to win the Stanley Cup and I hope they don't get to the finale again because of that crap. For that reason (and the fact I get $40 bucks out of the deal. I The other thing about NHL hockey is that there hasn't been a Canadian Stanley Cup winner since the 1993 Montreal Canadians and with American hockey teams winning all the time and these post game "celebrations" in Canadian cities that are in the finale kind of leaves a bitter taste in my mouth about the whole NHL playoffs.)

About the Postal strike, the federal Government is looking at legislating the postal union back to work and it looks like the back to work order might be within the next few days. I'd say next week sometime. Anyway, that's about all for now .

No comments:

Post a Comment