Sunday, June 12, 2011

Yesterday was

the first Saturday I worked I think since last August. I did only 4 hours but for the week I got 36 hours in, so that's not to bad. I got a Tim's breakfast and coffee and settled into the office and worked CFK. Before long it was break. From noon until 2pm kind of dragged on a bit, when 2pm rolled around I was glad to get out intthe first Saturdayo the Sunshine and on my way home.

Anne got me a Wendy's bacon/cheeseburger for my lunch, which was nice. I tried to have a little bit of a nap but that didn't pan out.

One of the guys at the office was supposed to help me this last night install a piece of software for me but he failed to call me. I've been trying to get this thing installed for a couple of weeks now. It's kind of like "Musescore" but more robust. I also played around with the demo of Sugar Bytes guitarist. The demo isn't bad but times out after an hour and doesn't save etc.

I like these hours because after Saturday at 2pm I have almost all of Saturday afternoon/evening and 2days off after that. Plus I have my evenings off. But that won't last for long. This upcoming week is our last week doing this 9-6pm shift. This time next Monday we're back to our 12:30-9pm shift. It basically gives me enough time to get home have a bite to eat and a few hours for myself. When I'm doing this shift, I'm in bed from 2-10am. It gives me a couple of hours to work on whatever I need to do on the computer etc and still gives me 8 hours of potential sleep. It gets me 35.5 hours/week and if I want to work the late afternoon shift, no problem. Plus I get Sunday Monday off. Except for when it's Lodge week.

Coast Saturday night is about "Vatican Secrets." It's kind of a lame show but Sunday night is a Roswell/UFO show. I like these ones. I've got a couple of days off here to work on my music and read. Monday is a 3 hour "Monday night Raw" but my attention will be drawn to Game #6 of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Go Canucks Go!

While browsing through some flyers at work yesterday I came upon one from "The Source" (Radio Shack) and they are selling the Kindle at retail. About time. Now I can't afford a Tablet like the Ipad and I can't see myself not buying books but for short stories and such the Kindle might be worthwhile. Finally I'd like to mention my Blogger Blog. Yes, I'm still over there on Blogger. Firstly, if I miss days here, chances are I'm posting over there when I am. Second, I don't know how much longer I can keep this site up. Blogger is more or less permanent. If I close this site down for whatever reason the content here in will be gone but Blogger (Google) will most likely still be up and running inside of 10-20 years, if not longer. That's why, even when I'm long gone, 15-20 years from now, Blogger will most likely still be here. So just a heads up. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment