Sunday, June 5, 2011

It's been a chiller

weekend then usual but the Sun is out and it looks like a good day.

I managed to watch the 3rd period of the Bruins/Canucks, game last night well some of it. Especially the OT goal, 11 seconds off of a turnover at the Boston blue line. What an amazing goal. Also, it looks like Winnipeg managed to sell out the 13,000 seats it needed for the Board of Governors meeting approval, within minutes. The MTS centre will be sold out every night for a couple of years. Getting back though to the Stanley Cup finales, Vancouver leads the series, 2-0 but game 3 is tomorrow night and its going to be a completely different kind of a game. I'm watching for Boston to win this one. I'd even lay some money down on it. Matter of fact, I'm going to suggest to Gerry, $5 Bruins to win.

Ok, I'm thinking maybe I'll call Keith up in about an hour and see if we can get this software downloaded today so I can start working on my track tonight. I was looking around the web for other notation software. There is something called Harmony assistant which even has a virtual singer "on stage" that will "sing" my lyrics. There's a few of these virtual singers around, "Vocaloid" is about the best one I've seen. Harmony assistant is about $85 US or $70 Euros. I'm thinking about getting it. I'm only going to use the virtual singer just as a pre demo. I still want to get FL Studio 10 even though critics have been saying FL Studio is mostly a "Dance music" kind of a DAW. I'd like to work with Rosegarden and I managed to get a copy of it on my pen drive and it recognizes it but I cant find the install file. I did it this way because my Ubuntu cant connect to the server. Even though I put the Internet cable right into my laptop. Most likely the install file is under a different designation, rather the .exe.

I took a sleeping pill about 3:30am this morning and nursing the remains of a coffee here.

I just read this facinating article that physicists at Cern have managed to trap antimatter for 16 minutes long enough to study it briefly. Further along in the article it said..."When a particle meets its antiparticle pair, the resulting annihilation turns their masses into pure energy, as determined by Albert Einstein's equation, E=mc2. If 1kg of antimatter came into contact with 1kg of matter, the resulting explosion would be the equivalent of 43 megatons of TNT – about 3,000 times more powerful than the bomb that exploded over Hiroshima." Wow. 1 Kg is about the size of a pineapple.

If 1kg of antimatter came into contact with 1kg of matter, the resulting explosion would be the equivalent of 43 megatons of TNT – about 3,000 times more powerful than the bomb that exploded over Hiroshima....


It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get that software installed today. The best way to do this is we bring our laptops and a pendrive and install from there. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment