Monday, June 20, 2011

Ordinarily at midnight I’d

be in bed on a Sunday night but since with these adjusted hours today is my regular scheduled day off. The boss is back from his 10 day break and most likely posting up bonuses.

We got a lot of rain over night and there seems to be a break in the weather. I’m not surprised if we don’t get some more today.

Also on the news the government is going to force Canada Post to go back to work this week so that’s good.

On the news last night this weekend City Police are recording their 26th homicide. Now I don’t know what time of day the last one was but the guy was just going to the store and got jumped by three guys and one pulled out a knife. This is a few blocks from the “Avenue of Nations.” the dreaded 107th Ave. This strip mostly associated with hookers and drugs. The part of this area that hits close to home for me is, this is where Long & McQuade have set up shop and have been there since the early 70’s. The fellow according to the file film looked native. Chances are he knew these people. But 26 murders and its not even the end of June. But this is as nowhere bad as some of the major cities in the US such as San Francisco where its not uncommon to have 2-4 murders on a nightly basis. The death penalty here in Canada was abolished in 1976. I can see the death penalty for first degree murder. I wonder how many first degree murders have their been in Canada since 1976? As of 2001 the cost to keep a prisoner in jail was about $200/day or 70k/year. Currently (according to Yahoo answers/stats Can) there are 2500 inmates in Canada’s prison system serving life sentences. Between 1859-1976, 711 inmates have been hanged.

Anne and I keep seeing the ads for Netflick. It’s streaming movies. TV content for $8/month. According to (Yahoo ansswers Canada) the service is OK but the content is old. Lots of old documentaries childrens shows etc. Unlike in the US your not going to see last years hotest sit com or recently run movies. Its still pretty archaic here in Canada. Not worth spending $8/month on. Sorry Anne but its not going to replace our cable provider anytime soon.

So tomorrow I’m heading out of here at 11am so I can drop $100 in my Scotia account and get to work for an 8 hour day.

The only thing I‘m having issues with in Cubase 5 is my vocals. Other then that, it‘s a great program. Leaps and bounds better then FL Studio 9. I haven’t tried FL 10 yet so I can’t compare it with 10. I‘d like to get FL 10 signature bundle as a cc and Cubase 6and compare the 2. Cubase has that midi note expression which is pretty cool. Anyway, that‘s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment