Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I have about half an hour here

before I take off to work enjoying a morning coffee. Its +20*out there at the moment. A beautiful day. We got The Works/Jazz festival going on right now and I'm thinking maybe Saturday just as Anne is going to work I might want to leave with her and get out at Churchill and bring my camera along and explore the sites and sounds of the festival. Should be a lot of fun.

Also going on this weekend (Sunday) is the Esks hosting game #1 of the 2011 campaign. I hope they have a better showing then they did last year. The Esks have 20 new faces in the line up this season.

The other day in Kelowna BC city residences were having their dogs attacked by over protective fawns. Video captured this one fawn using its hind legs to kick at a border collie under the fawns feet. The dog owner saved the dog but man talk about aggressive deer. Sure they're only protecting their young most people get that but wow.

SF Signal is asking their readership if they read short SFF. I normally don't only because if I'm going to read a larger work I like a but more character development over the course of a longer narrative. Most short SSF reads over the head of my reading level. I can get right into RA Salvador or Peter F. Hamilton, Robert J. Sawyer, Karen Traviss etc but short stories are hard to get into. There's not much pure sf anymore as it's mostly take over by fantasy these days I'm finding. More on this latter, I got to go to work. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment