Saturday, June 11, 2011

Today had its ups and downs

Yesterday when I got home and opened up the laptop I got the inspiration to checkout a piece of software I’ve been looking at for a long time. “Absynth.” What if this is available on “4 Shared. Absynth is kind of like Nexus it has a ton of presets. I opened 4 shared and typed in Absynth keeping my fingers crossed. It came up! So, I went through the motions and had it installed, opened FL Studio and refreshed the VST list and there it was. Now would it work. I opened up Absynth and there it was! I got the full working deal as well. Beauty. I tried for some other things that didn’t work out so well as this. “Real strat” did but I‘m kind of disappointed with it. I thought for sure I saw a key for sugar bytes guitarist. At work this morning I thought I saw the key on 4 shared for guitarist. Maybe I could even get Nexus 2. I downloaded the demo for guitarist but I haven’t had time to set up the midi part of this. The sounds from YouTube tutorials are the exact guitar sounds I need for my music. I need something like the rhythm guitar sounds of “The Clash,” “The Ramones” something with about half gain type thing where I can control chords and pitch bend from keyboard controller. The problem for me being on so low income and all, most of these programs I‘d have to save up months for. $250 for Sugar Bytes guitarist is a lot of money for me. Sugar bytes has some nice VST‘s so does Native Instruments but like I said, way to much money, which is why I have 4 share and Keith.

I set my alarm for 8:15am this morning and slowly got ready and headed out the door for work. I got to Tim’s (first time I’ve been in there on a Saturday morning since I think last June. I got a breakfast sausage egg on a biscuit and 2 hash browns and a medium size coffee. It was really good. Anne had wanted me to call her so she could go to Wendy‘s for me to get me a double bacon cheese burger and fries but I was so focused at work at 2pm when I got out of there I forgot to call her. I met Warren out there working his way up to Jasper and I asked him if I could use his cell phone but he was going to get some minutes on it. So much for that. So I hurried over to Corona LRT and was met by Tim. Tim is a drummer in his 50‘s and we had a nice chat on the train to Belvedere. He was drumming in 1978 but on the road so he never did play at the Embers. He knew of it though. Today he gives drum lessons and the odd gig. I was thinking of sampling his drums, Bryon‘s bass, Brent‘s guitar so I could put some names and faces to my virtual “band.” All 3 have totally different musical styles but Bryon‘s is close to what I need.

So I realized I needed to call Anne but I had no small change on me. I had to get some change from the Redi mart out of a scratch n‘ win ticket that didn’t pay anything for me. I called Anne who sounded frantic I didn’t call. I mean why do I need to call to go down and get me my dinner when I told her I‘d work until 2pm and was coming home by 3pm anyway? She hung up on me and I got the #183 bus which was a milk run all the way to my stop. Anne apparently had left but she had her work bags at the ready so I knew she was coming back. Sure enough she did and not very happy. She stormed out of here all pissed off and all saying how she was going to be late. Called me names and cursed at me and left. I enjoyed my lunch and she called shortly before 4 saying that her schedule was changed so (again) she was early. I was frustrated with this bus pass on Saturdays and tickets and “don’t spend $6 to work and back and her dictating to me, controlling my time. So what if I wanted to go get a bite to eat after work Friday. “Your working to 6pm, there lots a time on a Friday. She’s not listening to me. I’ve been saying these hours 9-6pm are not permanent hours so when do I get to go out and spend some of my money? So Saturdays I’ll leave the bus pass behind and pay my way in.

SoI gave Keith $30/50 as we kind f said something about this morning about meeting up his place taking over my laptop so he could install Finale/Notepad 2011 but when I called he wasn’t there. Most likely out drinking. I’d be doing the same if I was 20 something and not diabetic. He probably won’t call me tonight but I gave him $30 bucks for the job this morning for later.

So far I have a COH of $32. That was as of Friday‘s $100. God, where does it all go? I gave Anne $220 for her weekly household allowance and an extra $40. I think I spent $5 on my breakfast out of all of that and invested the $30 for my music. The idea was to put $100 of that in my Scotia bank and live off of the $20 for the week. Then Anne begins to complain about how expensive everything is and all. So I give her the $40 last night and when I saw or thought I saw the key on 4 shared for Sugar Bytes guitarist I thought, hey at least I can get my guitars. I still need my Vox Continental.

Yesterday I tried Tim‘s non ear bud headphones, and at full volume, they sound real nice and they of the are low end quality. My floaters were bad this morning due to the Sunlight and all. Not bad as in I couldn’t see or Cataracts bad. I could see good distances and all through the spotty floaters in my way. I‘m not blind or anything but my vision is compromised Anyway, that‘s about all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment