Monday, June 20, 2011

Its very Vancouver

type weather out there. Overcast with intermittent rain showers.

Anne's still in bed sleeping as I'm up at my laptop Boots curled up beside me.

I know this is my 3rd entry for today but I'm not feeling ambitious to get into a big project here at the moment. I'm just reading and drinking my coffee.

There's a lot of good players coming up in the 2011 NHL entry level draft. About 20% of the entry level draft prospects this year are from the WHL. Other then the top goal scorers we're going to see a lot of clubs introducing new players not only to keep salaries/costs down but because there is so much talent out there. I mean nothing like a Taylor Hall or anything like that.

Sure enough its teaming rain out there at this hour 2:05pm.
I've been having trouble with Google Earth lately. It keeps disappearing on me. When I try yo install after giving the pop up blocker permission to install the file I can't find it anywhere on my system. Since I noticed it missing this weekend I must have tried 3 times to download and install and each time it's failing to show up in my computer.

Lately I've been musing about the future. In August I'll be 59 years old and while most men die in their mid 70's (So I've seen) I figure I've got maybe 15 years left. What with diabetes against me etc, I'd say 10-15. That's not a good prospect but it is what it is I guess. Of course there is medical science that might make progress to increase ones chances of living longer. The thing with the Future I've always brooded over what will this area be like say in a hundred years from now in 2111? Most likely Capital Place apartments (where I live now) will be long gone. What will be here in it's place? Maybe another apartment complex with the same name? If I could live for another hundred years and read this, I'd be amazed. Will society as we know it now even exist? Is don't see Edmonton (world) being involved in another world war. If anything that will wipe us out within the next 100 years will be natural disasters like Solar flare activity, (2012) maybe an asteroid. The other thing I was thinking about seems kind of far fetched but what if all the people here went somewhere else. I'm not talking about Science Fiction but what if physicists have discovered an aspect of the time space continuum. A dimensional rift anyone can walk through.

Physicist Michio Kaku talks about a multi verse where just a hairs width behind a veil we can't see is another dimension in space. This isn't time travel because I'm talking about space travel. Not out to the stars but right in front of our noses. I'm advancing the concept not alien to Science Fiction of the quantum universe one step beyond. Will that universe be exactly the same as this one? If say I begin my hypothetical journey and begin my step would I see another Jim Shannon in front of me typing what I'm typing right now on the screen? If I could stretch that veil would I see dozens of Jim Shannon's all lined up in a linear fashion? Or would the harmonics be slightly different in each universe? I would argue they wouldn't be because every universe would be the same relative to the person observing it. I'd be the same Jim Shannon in the same spot indefinitely. Time and space would be the same. But that doesn't mean that the first Jim Shannon ahead of me has the same advantage as I do. What if that Jim Shannon turned to see me standing there if I lingered there long enough? That's one of the properties of a quantum universe I'm musing. The other is by changing the harmonics of the universe or their value. Maybe we can find an earth that say existed 1000 years before the time of Christ and people or whole cultures stepped through into that universe.

Anyway, these are just some of the things I've been pondering about lately.Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment