Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I admit I got up on

the tired side of bed this morning and I brought my laptop with me because Keith said at lunch he said he's help me with some software but I didn't have this program called "ISO magic." He also suggest I download something called "Team viewer." I remember using this before when my ISP asked if they could take control of my desktop via remote with this software. Hopefully we'll get this done before the weekend. I'm also trying to install on Linux, "Rosegarden" which is a combination DAW score editor. The major DAW's need this kind of tool and I wish FL Studio would incorporate a musical score editor like "Finale" in its package. That's be cool.

I had a rough day today. My performance wasn't on par with anything even though I got a good report from yesterday. In the morning my report wont be so good. I wish I was back in the business room.

My wife enjoys watching on TV "America's got talent." Its co hosted by Howie Mandel. The audience knows Howie's Canadian right? So is William Shatner and most of the crew from Star Trek TOS.

At SF Signal, they have had this feature called "What is an e-book anyway?" Its been getting a lot of responses. Will the paper book ever go away? Personally, I don't know but I kind of doubt it will go away anytime soon. Maybe 10-20 years. But look at the growth of the "tablet." It took the cell phone about 30 years before they caught on and became as ubiquitous as they are today. The tablet by the same token was introduced by Microsoft in 2011. Then when Apple launched it's Ipad last year tablets appear to be out selling laptops in by 2015 and it seems that Apple is leading the pack. So the paper back book seems to be going the same way as the cell phone 30 years ago.

Speaking about things that are slow to be accepted, we here in Canada are currently experiencing a nation wide postal strike. Reason for this is, Canada post is losing a lot of ground to things like email, Twitter, Facebook, texting etc. The postal service is almost an endangered species. The only ones that really need conventional mail are charities and maybe at Christmas. I can't recall when it was the last time I ever used a stamp. My place of employment relies on the post office. Without Canada post my job would vanish. No money, no Internet. No Internet, no blog. So, the Canada post employees union are striking because their jobs are in jeopardy as well. They want of course more money. Everyone does. This strike though is what's called a rotating strike, meaning that one major City service would be suspended one day and active the next. Both sides, the postal workers and Canada Post aren't budging. Courier companies like Fed ex etc, are having a field day. Is this going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back? It could be a long summer.

It's twilight out there at the moment and not even dark. I love this time of year. Sorry I don't have a graphic for this post. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment