Sunday, January 23, 2011

the tech guy's visit was a few hours ago

from Telus over here, trying to trouble shoot our our bedroom TV pictured a couple of posts below. The TV is a 21 year old set but usually its the audio that goes first. The tech guy said if we had a couple of stereo monitors we can hook up from the PVR to the monitors that have the jack connection we would be able to get sound from the monitors and not the Tv, cool. Then I asked him about the wifi and how we can get it set up permanently on my Itouch. He showed me underneath the router and there is the wifi label and the password key. I didn't know this before. Also he gave us some friendly tips and suggestions, not to buy games from places like Walmart because they don't have a dedicated console you can open the game and see if the game works before you buy. Places like Future shop does because Fs specializes in tech and games and stuff anyway. So, we can still salvage the old Tv, I got my wifi permanently set up on my ITouch and it looks like there is a problem with the reader in our Xbox 360. I don't play a lot of games anyway on the console so the Xbox looks like its a write off. If I'm going to play games I'd rather play PC games which is why I want to upgrade my desktop. The tech support guy was a good service call this afternoon.














Yes, your looking at an image taken from our maim Tv in the front room: The time is 3:30am and the temperature for January 23rd reads +5! Right now its +3 Sunny and a lot of that ice and snow is melting.We're going to have weather above zero this week and then we drop down to -9 and even then that's not cold. A weeks worth of this kind of weather is going to melt a lot of the snow but it's going to be really problematic for residential streets.






Speaking about tech, I watched on Tv that there will be something like 350 million smart phones/pads sold for 2011 that laptops and desktops will be fading out of the marketplace. For example when the cell phone first commercially appeared in what 1981 the cell phone looked like a high tech WW2 army walkie-talkie. By 1990 cell phones were emerging into the marketplace and today almost everyone has a cell phone. But it took 30 years to get the cell phone to go from the clunky 1981 phone to the pocket Iphone 4 with full Internet capability. So don't expect the desktop/laptop to go away any time soon. Anyway, that's enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment