Monday, January 17, 2011

Yeash, what a day and I'm trying to get rid of this cold and I'm out doing banking?

Last night Anne suggested I take an extra day to recover from this cold and that’s what I did. I called and left (I hope) a message on the answering machine. I hope they got it. So I slept in for 3 hours and got up at noon, had a coffee and left out of here at 1pm. This extra day off actually helped me out a lot. I feel a lot better. Anyway, my bus came right away and boarded a waiting train, only to be told by the driver that we needed to be on the next train coming in. Huh? So out one train and onto another. I was down at Bay station and the escalator wasn’t working. I caught the elevator up and out and headed East along 103rd street. I went right on 102nd then nope, not this way then left and after awhile found the bank in the Manulife building. There’s only a mall entrance in the building. I found my way in and after a brief wait, the teller couldn’t accept my ID as I only had half of the ID. It was good a few years ago when Anne’s purse got stolen with my bank card in it. So, the teller gave me a 1-800 number to call. I said, I didn’t want to cash a check or make a with drawl or anything. If anything I wanted to put money into my account but they wouldn’t let me! First time a bank ever refused money before.


Well I thought that was the end of it. I’d walk down 102nd to jasper Ave and take the Central Station train home. Then I got the idea to go to my main branch and I explained to the reception. I got into see a teller showed her my old Id and explained I know my pin I want to put funds in to cover service charges and get a replacement card. She verified my address and set me up. I left funds to cover a negative balance and enough for 3 service charges later and a replacement card to my address in about 2 weeks. Now why couldn’t the other RBC bank do that?

I went and waited for the first train, which was jammed packed. There must have been about 6 cars. I waited for half an hour later and got another not so crowded train. With all the snow out there over the last 10 days (37 Cm-2.5 feet) it was really slippery out there to say the lest. But I’m glad I made the trip and got my bank account restored. What I like about my RBC bank is I can deposit a check at the ATM and withdraw immediately after. I can’t do that at my Scotia bank, yet. I feel a lot better not only about taking the day off but I got something accomplished as well at the same time. Anyway, that‘s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment