Saturday, October 22, 2016

Last nights chili isn't sitting with me that well

this morning. Note to self: No spicy food before bed on a Friday night. Especially when I have a 5 hour window for sleep. But I'm ok now (more or less) and its only a 4 hour shift today.

Yesterday's East Coast DNS hack attack shut down the Internet for much of the day. I was able to get through and do some FB messaging this morning. Apparently the DNS was a very costly day. Internet security experts know the code, they just don't know (or are not saying) where it originated from. Some speculate this was an attempt to compromise the US election. This is DNS attack was on a massive scale. Personally I believe this is an effort to shut down Wikileaks because of the major announcements that might have a serious implications on the US election, November 8th.

Later today is the Oilers/Jets alumni hockey game. Its a outdoor winter game in Winnipeg. It isn't like the original heritage classic that occurred in 2003 13 years ago here in Edmonton. There was something special about that game. That was the NHL's (in the modern era) first outdoor hockey game. This game is an exception to all of the heritage classics of the past. The Edmonton/Winnipeg rivalry runs deep. Now its becoming a (in my opinion) a bit of a joke. These guys like Gretzky are getting old. They can still skate and all but by their own admission, its getting harder and harder to play the game like even half of what they used to. And then the NHL has these "winter classics" that are outside of "traditional" winter cities, and that aren't  even original 6 teams. However, I'm talking about 2 different events: The "Heritage Classic" and the "Winter Classic." At least the Oilers/Montreal Canadians had an original 6 team rivalry. I can see Boston/New York Rangers in a outdoor game. Those are two original six teams. Where they would have it, is another story. This afternoon is mostly for the fans. It doesn't mean anything but the regular season game will be tomorrow afternoon and its also an outdoor game. Watching a NHL regulation game outdoors is why I watch the heritage classic.

After work this afternoon, I'm meeting Anne at Clareview again, so she gets the bus pass for tonight. Then I'm getting a bag of chips for my CFL game: Its Eskimo's at BC lions. I think there are 3 games left in the season and the Esks want to win in the West for that finale play off birth. This way we avoid a cross over. But if it happens there's a strong possibility that if we get to the finale it could be a Edmonton/Calgary match up. The Oilers are playing at 1pm this afternoon in Winnipeg. I'll be at work or on my way home for most of this one. My "wing man" sits beside me. She's been with the organization for a lot of years and does some important work for the company. She's almost like the 2nd in command of the Super and she usually gets the games up for me on her phone, and I can access open city wifi (if this gets posted) and get the scores at Southgate and along my way home. The third period might be underway by the time I meet my wife at Clareview. Then I get a day off tomorrow. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment