Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Not that I mind a fog rain type day that we had

had yesterday but Its nice to have like we have now a sunny day for a change. Best part is there's very little wind out there. I like days like these because after Halloween, we're back to daylight savings time. The first half of November temperatures is usually above zero. The 2nd half is solid winter, shorter days, its all good.

The Rogers place arena experience is having a mild impact on our household. Not so much me but Anne. When she gets off work at 10pm Bay station is underneath her building. That's a block away from the arena. Patrons of the arena that are not taking their vehicles have to other areas to leave: MacEwan lrt station directly adjacent to the arena, or Bay station lrt. When the Oilers play (like tonight) Anne gets the security police and the fans clogging her commute at Bay station. She's not too happy game night. Then if there isn't a game there's a concert, or some other event going on. When the Valley line comes online in 4 years patrons can then use that because phase 1 of the last stop will be on 102nd and 104th about equal distance away to the arena. Most patrons of Rogers Place arena will still use Mac or Bay station. 

On my commute to the job yesterday I decided with my last $2 to get another Blackjack scratch and win ticket. I do more buying and scratching then winning lately. I've only been able to win at the store where I first began playing last Spring. I tried almost half a dozen ticket outlets and nothing. I won $50, $7 and a handful of $2 and free tickets at the "original" store. I got into the office shortly before 4pm and played the ticket. The curse is broken: I won $2! That put me in a good mood I got 3 prospects to agree to sign up online. Even while the big boss from Calgary was within ear shot of me. I had a change of address but there was no phone number. I'll get that when I get in latter today, and cash in for another Blackjack ticket. 

I hope to leave out of here by 2:25pm so I can get that early train. I like to be at Southgate by 3pm. I'll cash in that ticket board my #52, get off behind the Toyota dealership there, work my way around the "Spirit of Halloween" building, to the crosswalk and into my building. The lady that sits beside me (I save her a spot) always lets me in on game scores from her phone. We're out by 8:25 anyway. The first period is done by then. If I catch the connections, I'm usually home 9:30pm, which is pretty good timing and if the train stays long enough at the station, I can usually refresh my iPod Touch web page (above ground) to get the scores update. Tonight, I'm thinking about taking the #52 into Southgate this evening, to see if that makes sense. Anyway, that's all for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment