Friday, October 14, 2016

I'm out of here at 1:30pm this afternoon

on my way to pick up a couple of small pay cheques. Its enough to pay the balance of a bill, get a haircut Saturday and my book on my way to work this afternoon. I'll have a bit left over for breakfast tomorrow morning. 

From the "Yeesh department:" The Clinton campaign is ramping up. Mud slinging at its finest. This whole smear campaign against Trump is Hillary grasping at straws. Kind of reminds me of the Bill Cosby women coming out of the wood work years latter. Those women wouldn't come out before the Cosby case became public. Now the case has eased off a bit. So the Clinton campaign is using the Cosby approach against Trump. Its high stakes political theatre. Mrs. Obama comes on camera to vilify Trump as some ogre out to grope every woman in his circle for some events that happened 10 years ago (notice they are not saying that) People are not that gullible. I'm not the same person I was 10 years ago. People grow and change adapt new beliefs new points of view and react to the world around them in different ways. Also, I'm sure these women coming forward are paid to come out to "testify" against Trump. The Clinton campaign would want their audience to think that these women are some kind of victims. By using this approach shows that Clinton is talking down to her audience, yeesh. I'd hope most people are savvy enough to see this current Clinton tactic for what it is: Political theatre and its going to backfire on her.  

The Oilers won their first regulation game Wednesday, opening night at Rogers place arena 7-4. McDavid scored 2 goals. Its not like Auston Mathews scoring 4 goals in his opening night in regulation play. His team (the Leafs) lost the game in Ottawa the same night. But those 4 goals Mathew's scored were on the road. This is going to be a interesting year watching the Mathews and McDavid show. Tonight its payback time for the Flames in Calgary. I'll be at work as that's going down, and it'll be all but over by the time I get home. At least I'll catch the scores on my evening commute home. The Flames aren't going to lose tonight, that's for sure. I'm expecting different results from the Oilers tonight. I'd love to see both Edmonton and Toronto in the Stanley Cup finale with a healthy McDavid/Mathews on the ice playing in early June. From Bill Ross FB page:  


              

I got out of bed with the usual aches and pains about 10am this morning. We're getting a blizzard out there now. Its not that cold at -1 degree. However I have to go out in this take a bus to Clareview, then the train to Central and get up to street level to get a bus to 107th &124th street. Spend some time in the office then cross the street to get the #5 back towards downtown Corona station, into Scotia hoping I can cash the cheques at Scotia without them putting a hold on them. I have my bank card and ID. That's plan A. Otherwise plan B: If they need to hold it for 7 days, then I'm back to Corona station, underground to get any train to Central and go to my street level RBC branch, then the lrt back to Corona station upstairs to Audrey's downstairs to Corona and the train to Southgate. After all that its the #6 bus to 51st Ave and Gateway Blvd. All in this weather. Sigh its not easy being me. I'll compose a Tweet later to let you know what option I took A or B. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment