Sunday, October 9, 2016

Its great having a 3 day weekend again

Its great having a 3 day weekend again and in just 11 months, all my weekends will be 3 days. Well, that's the plan. Having these 3 days off just stumbled into my lap basically. I was scheduled to go into work yesterday for the optional Saturday shift. However the gst cheque came in and Anne ordered us pizza. Monday is a paid stat holiday which I will be getting paid for and this is a new pay period. Anne said, take Saturday off. My market research job has nothing going on and I doubt they will this week as well. I'll call in and ask. I've got 2 cheques to pick up for about 18 hours from Keith Graham's FB page.


                                 

It started snowing Friday night and hasn't stopped. We're just now getting snow flurries. This batch of snow won't stay on the ground. Its like snow in April. At least its not cold. We're supposed to get into the high single digit temperature numbers this week. 

Last night I finally got to see a Oilers game at the new Rogers Place arena. McDavid's top corner shelf goal was a beaut. Our goalie sucked and should not have let that late tie breaker in so late in the 3rd period. The Canucks won 3-2. No complaints about officiating. Our first and second line did the goal scoring. McDavid's face off numbers were 10/17, which is over 60% plus he saved a goal when the puck was in the blue paint by batting it out of the air. The pre season ended up 5-3 and that's a pretty good pre season. The real season begins Wednesday when Calgary comes to town. The Oilers need to get out of the gate hard and put a couple of W's on the board asap.

Not a lot happening today. I'm doing some lodge memory work and reading, answering email when it comes in that sort of thing. The Esks play in Montreal tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that one, then back to work. Can't wait for full pension. Just 11 months to go. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment