Friday, October 7, 2016

With no projects going on at my

market research job apparently the boss is there until about now and leaves for the balance of the day. I'm wearing my winter parka now. Its cold but not arctic cold. There's no coding, or focus groups to justify the boss to stay in the office. I should have called yesterday before I headed out at 1:30 but he would have left by then. There could be a site survey, which he and a few others do. When I got to the office the office was closed. No lights on inside, no note on the front door "gone for lunch," nothing. I hung around outside as there are a few benches to sit until 2:30 and went back upstairs. This is on me then as I walked away empty handed. No lodge dues paid tonight. 

So I'm at Clareview station about 3:30 knowing I'd meat up with Anne if I hung around, and there she was recognizing me from the bottom of the escalator. I explained what happened I don't need the cheque that badly. I'm kind of worn out from holding down 2 jobs and all the running around over the past few days. I kind of don't want to go into lodge. There's the Oilers game on tv. She said take the night off. I've got $3 left, I can buy a bag of chips at the Dollar store. I gave her my bus pass and I got her keys. She went to work, "Call me on your break," I said as she boarded the train. There was no time for me to get to my other job as it was and I wasn't expected to be there anyway. So I boarded the #183 bus to my stop just outside here. I got my chips and headed into the apartment. After I got settled I called the boss to see if he was still there and got the answering machine. I called our lodge master saying I wouldn't be in today and I mentioned I'd resume with the Junior Stewards chair for next year. He said he has me at the Chaplin post. Oh, ok. We're just rotating officers until other non qualified brethren catch up and take chairs. So I've got to learn the opening and closing prayer. Its substantial memory work but I can do it. I might not be ready for step up night though. Having done all of that I tried looking for the Jets/Oilers game on TV. I couldn't find it in the on screen guide but because its an exhibition/training camp game, it might not be televised. I could follow the scores posted online in another tab on my computer. I called one of the employees that I've known for a long time and it was confirmed when there are no projects the boss is just there for the mornings. We had a long talk. Her husband has a glazing company, nice guy. I lucked out all the way around. I'm kind of hoping there aren't any projects for October so I can focus on just the one job that pays better. Anne called me on her break. The Oilers ended up winning that game 5-2. McDavid scored 2 goals. If this kid stays healthy he's going to be in the playoff conversation for sure.

Tonight its a short 3 hour shift because HR wants to respect our Thanksgiving Friday night. We're calling for 3 hours instead of 4 add the kick off and the break it'll seem like a 2 and a half hour shift. If I can get that 7:30 bus or if Joyce is there instead I can get home before 8:30pm either way. I'm in on Saturday but that's optional. I might leave a little early get some breakfast at McDonald's or something on my way in. There's no problem with seating for Saturdays anyway. Then I get 2 days off. Anyway, have a great long weekend everyone, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment