Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Looks like we're going to have a

nice (for me at least) couple of days here weather wise. I thought there were going to be a few 27 and 29 days in there. 25 and up are too hot by my standards. I'll take the 19-24's any day. Hopefully we'll get some rain. They really need it in BC, what with the massive forest fires there. Some are saying its global warming but it is summer. If the fires were happening in the middle of January, I might agree with that. We need a good couple of days worth of rain.

The other day while reviewing the Facebook Circuit owners group page, one of the posters provided me with a surprise solution to the woes I've been having, syncing my Circuit video/audio. I know about the clapping hands thing before a video. One of the guys suggested a product from Roland what's called the go mixer. Unbeknownst to me as of this last Sunday, the go mixer was apparently released at the last NAMM 17 show in January. If I would have known about this device (roughly the same price as the h1), I would have gone with the go mixer instead. The go mixer was aimed with the idea of using a cell phone/tablet to record audio/video together in a simple solution for uploading to You Tube etc. The go mixer is sold in blister packaging and my music store has them in stock, apparently. The cool thing about this device is it has 2 line in jacks. So, just now I called my music store and made arrangements to have the h1 returned for a the go mixer. They have a 30 day return policy. My local music store doesn't have any go mixer's in stock but their warehouse back east does. They ordered one for me. Sorry zoom but the h1 didn't work for me. I should have the go mixer in about 2 weeks for a in store pick up.

Tens of thousands of people have been displaced by the forest fires in BC as I briefly made reference to above. The fires are destroying massive amounts of forest hectares. Whole towns have been evacuated and others on watch. People have been ordered to evacuate out of Williams lake as its like a ghost town with only essential services and police protection against looters remaining. Smoke can be seen right up to the Eastern Saskatchewan boarder. Air quality has suffered even here in Edmonton. I'm afraid its going to get worse before it gets better. 

I'm having a relaxing evening tonight. Not much is going on tonight. Tomorrow, one of the lodges that meet on a different night then us in our building is holding something called "Klondike lodge." Its a tradition for that lodge about this time of year. I've never been to Klondike lodge in all my 15 years in the craft. I've got nothing to do tomorrow night and its casual wear, why not? Thursday I'm going in for another blood test at the lab. They want to check for Hyperthyroid as a reason why I've gained 12 pounds since last spring. I'm now at 257. I'm about 80 lbs overweight. Not good. Other then the weight gain, I don't have Hyperthyroid symptoms, such as brittle nails, depression, etc. I'm going to do the lab thing Thursday before the Esks/Hamilton game that same evening. Friday its off to my music store on the way to work to get a small cheque and drop off the h1 and pay the $10 difference for the go mixer. It should be at the store in a couple of weeks. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment