Saturday, July 8, 2017

The idea here is to get out of the City for a

a few hours over to what my lodge calls "K-ranch." Its a informal meeting over hotdogs/hamburgers and an afternoon at a undisclosed location with members of my lodge. Our host (with other lodge members in attendance) is going to talk about solar power and how solar power is powering his home, his vehicles his life for him and his family. Solar power works for his situation. He's a designated professional certified electrician. So hopefully this afternoon I'll get my ride out to K-ranch for a few hours today. Its more of a informal afternoon with the brethren talking about upcoming lodge business in an informal setting. For me its a chance to get out of the city and be with the guys. For those that are not off on summer vacation or work related etc.

Yesterday, I headed out to pick up my cheque with my Novation Circuit and appropriate cables in my back pack. Anne even packed me up with a sandwich and I loaded up with diet cola for my trip. It was very hot for Northern Alberta at +30 afternoon. Too hot for me and mine. On the way in at Central station the lrt station was operating on running lights. I got my connection and on my way into the office bus patrons on my bus were saying how there was a power outage in the downtown core. I was wondering why traffic was moving awkwardly. I hooked up with a co-worker at our bus stop who said she got another job. Its telemarketing setting up appointments for a furnace company sales crew. It sounds like real grunt work but the pay is $17/hour, and the company needed 5 people. I should have wrote down the company name but by the time I get to respond to the job, the positions would have been filled and it was late afternoon. Not just that but the job is way out in the South side. 
      I got my cheque and looks like another project could be on the go next week, "good for this" ei report. I got the #3 bus to 101/107 Ave and into LM. The folks there helped me out with my Circuit and the Zoom h1. I forgot to do a background audio test on the first recording but the important thing or so I thought at the time, was the Zoom h1 was able to receive audio from Circuit. I was happy with my purchase and headed over to the synthesizer area and had a talk with the fellow there and waited for my bus then to Central station. 
     Power seemed to have been restored at least at Central station. I was home by 5pm. I didn't set anything up yet with the h1, and I needed to eat my sandwiches. Anne had left me with a little frozen entree I could have eaten I just wasn't too hungry. I just took it easy for a few hours until she called at 8pm.

After I got the 8pm call from the wife, I un boxed the h1 and set the date/time but that didn't work for me. It keeps flashing the 7 as yesterday was 7/7/17. Another won of those numbers. I should have bought a lottery ticket or a blackjack :) ticket. So, after messing around with the h1 settings, I got to do a recording but I got this hissing sound. Some kids were playing full force out here and with my open window and to the h1's credit it didn't pick up any background audio. However, there was a noticeable hiss at the beginning of my sample recording. The red/white cable was in properly and the 1/8th end into the line in ok on the h1. I knew that the free "Audacity" daw-like program could clean up audio in post. I tried that out and the hissing sound was reduced somewhat but the more attempts at reducing the audio in post the quiet the original recording became. I'm going to try latter this morning and change the setting of the h1 to Mp3 and see if that's any better at reducing the noise. I have some other options of getting my audio from gear to make you tube videos. That's ultimately what I'm trying to do.

Its still pretty early for a lot of folks so I doubt I'll be hearing about my ride out to K-ranch before noon today. If nobody contacts me or follows up on my last green to go email earlier this morning, then I'm home for today. I'll make a effort and call around noon. My ride has a cell. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment