Saturday, July 1, 2017

Happy Canada day one and all

as we turn 150 today. I was fifteen years old when Canada turned 100. I doubt I'll live to see our 200th unless I live to 115. However 60 is the new 40, whatever that means.

The weather last night at Commonwealth was perfect for football as Montreal was here playing against the Eskimos. The game was a real barn burner. Esks had too many drop passes, our running back fumbled forcing 2 turnovers causing him to get injured. That's 2 now. They scored 10 points off of turnovers. We we're lucky we scored a field goal just before half time. We did a bit better in the 2nd but the 2 pass inherence really cost us. penalties did us in but we got a interception and scored a major. Then we got another 55 yard field goal leading 19-23. They were actual at the 1 yard line late in the 4th quarter and had 3 penalties, which set them back to about the 16 yard line. We dont play again until Friday July 14 because of their bye week.

Anne and I don't usually partake in Canada Day celebrations because we don't like the crowds. Besides for me its NHL Free agent Frenzy. Connor McDavid is expected to sign his $13m year salary. Anne's getting us Chinese food for later this afternoon. This evening its Winnipeg/Riders and the new Mosaic stadium. Other then that I'm just taking it easy. Anyway, that's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment