Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Yesterday the city

of Calgary, in a city wide plebiscite voted "No" for an Olympic bid to host the 2026 winter Olympics. Thank god. The worst of it being if the vote did go through, the Alberta Government would have wasted ~ $700 million. We're $ billions in debt as it is. Just goes to show where the NDP's priorities are, never mind the Federal Governments. The vote was 56% No. Common sense prevailed at last. I can think of better things to do with $700m like paying down the debt? 

The Oilers last night won a game in dramatic fashion last night, after losing their last 4. Montreal/Oilers last night was 6-2 Oilers 😃 I just got updates from Shaun about the game all night. Oilers are just one win away from being right back into the playoff conversation. I don't know who the major goal scorers we're but I assume McDavid and Draisaitl we're in the mix. Oilers had 9 home games and 9 road games so far that's been the difference maker in a schedule that had not been very kind to the Oilers. Next up Saturday with our Provincial rivals, the Calgary Flames. The other thing here is, Oilers haven't played any of their Divisional counterparts yet.

It felt good being at work last night. It looks like I've got enough work to get through until the Christmas break and beyond. With the above seasonal weather my commute going in is going to be pleasant. My friend's roommate is going to be under going an operation today, so I'll have that on my mind. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment