Wednesday, November 21, 2018

With this current

project I'm on its 3-8:30pm, out of Province. Getting to the job site is no problem. If I hustle and log off when timesheet is called and I sign out, I'm outside. 124th street is 4 lanes and parking on the side to my left of the office. So I have to step out in front of parked vehicles take a look what traffic is coming my way left and off of 107th from 3 directions off of 107th West/South bound and East Southbound and West South bound. My head is on a swivel basically. All of the above outside is processed in a short space of time. Like 30 seconds. Its called jay walking. I also got to watch for Police as well because it is a fine. If I'm lucky I can catch that 8:30 bus and in the apartment by about 9:30 pm. If I miss that bus, I've got a 20 minute wait. Weather has been good here lately but waiting out there for 20 minutes isn't fun when its -25. 

Other then the odd app, I don't really get involved over the "Black Friday" hype. Especially at the local retail level. Besides, I'm usually caught in between paydays anyway despite most black Friday sales are held over. The only big ticket items I bought this year have been the custom built computer and Reason 10 and a rack extension for that software. 

This morning I was chatting with an old acquaintance/friend from Coquitlam days back in the early 1970's. He was saying how he is about to turn a spare room and rent it out as shared accommodations. He's using a popular listing site and he mentioned how a buddy of his had 80 applicants view his suite in 2 days. My friend was also saying how a couple of houses across the street built in the 1950's sold for over a million bucks each 👀 inflation being what it is and all, these homes were built for less the $20k at the time. Its no secret but its Asian foreign investment driving up prices in the Vancouver housing market. With (last time I checked) over 10,000 listings here in the greater Edmonton area, we don't have that kind of a problem. Anyway, that's all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment