Thursday, April 27, 2023

I should have left out of here

on my own about noon to memory Express. I'd be getting my Ram about now, out to Harvey's and on the #54 bus by the time Anne gets up. I'll give her about 3pm, if not I'm out the door on my own. This is bs. She's just stalling. 

I got my sdd and enclosure yesterday. Management is so cheap here, they got rid of all the intercom pannels to reach individual suites from the outside to save electricity on the power bill. That decision impacts deliveries because there are just 2 intercom pannels. 1 per building. UPS was at entrance C. We're in A. C has the intercom pannel for something like 200 suites. To let the driver in at C the driver would have to walk through 2 building doors 2 flights of stairs, 3 hallway doors. Time is money for these people. The UPS driver asked if he could meet me at my entrance because I'm a senior and I don't walk to well these days. Thanks. The Amazon driver for the enclosure product was already at the door to A and just called our land line. In management "infinite wisdom" the rational was to not only save on the electric bill but because "everyone has cell phones", And no doubt we're going to be paying for the rental office electric bill, possibly subsidise their internet as well. That's what we're paying a 25% increase in our lease for next year, seriously? Also where is the privacy when on our call display it shows the name of the management company?

Ok that was a long rant from me today. Not much going on for me otherwise. Before bed this morning I was able to (I think) clone my current C drive (system drive) I tried to clone in another partition on the new drive my E drive so everything will be in C. My Cloning software said there was an estimated time of 7 hours? Wow. And that was after I had to temporary disable my firewall and auto protect. Since I don't (yet) have the necessary screw driver to remove the old m.2 drive for the new one, there's not way to tell if the old C was cloned over. Looks like I'llbe heading out tomorrow to get the Ram. I called Memory Express to let them know I'll be in tomorrow. Anyway, that's all for now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment