Tuesday, January 10, 2023

I'm back tp using my

Compaq Presario computer keyboard from 2005.  Why use this PS 2 keyboard, than the USB keyboard? First of all, the lighting in this office is closer to the closet situated near the entrance, instead of the centre of the room like most places. The USB keyboard is black adding to my lack of light. I use a stylish desk lamp, which is like a studio lamp. Second, the Compaq keyboard keys are light grey or cream-colored. The keyboard font is dark. Third, the keys are low-profile keys, meaning they are about half the size of the USB keys. The Compaq keys are still good. I should have bought a Bluetooth keyboard. Still might.

I had about 4 hours of sleep earlier. I had enough as I want to do a few other things before Anne and I leave out of here. This brings me to where we need to be about 2:30:


We have an interview at 2:30 pm. It's just an interview. Senior housing for low-income renters like us is a pipe dream. There are not a lot of options for seniors in our situation. Most likely we are in a cue of hundreds of couples ahead of us. Senior housing in this case is 30% of one's income. I could be wrong (but I don't think so) there are probably thousands of people ahead of us. I'm making an assumption here but most likely this provider likes older couples so they can die off faster to make room for the next batch. And or minority couples. Plus with the war in Ukraine going on Ukrainian couples. I'm not prejudiced against any group, I just know what we're up against. We have other options to explore.

The other thing about this outing today is it's compromising my job this afternoon. Of course, at the time we made this appointment, I wasn't working. I wanted to push the appointment ahead and make it at the time when we get our notice of assessment (noa) when our income is lower. If it was left up to me, I'd rather call this provider re-book at the time when we have our revised noa. But oh no Anne wants to get it done today where I have to waste my time. I don't feel right about doing this at this time and putting my job at risk. Not that my super is worried. I'm good at my job. Anyway, that's what we got going on this week. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment