Friday, April 25, 2014

My wife seems to be feeling better

from what she believes to be a mild case of food poisoning. Its kept her in bed for 2 days and she had to cancel her shift last night but she seems to be on the mend

I was working on a track earlier but I kept on getting all kinds of cpu under runs. I need a new PC. I need another income to be able to afford one. 

It was 34 years ago today that I discovered the works of Aleister Crowley and learned this strange cult called Thelema. I recall how my then girlfriend at the time was seeing this man that my SCA colleagues thought was a Satanist/black magician. I knew she was drifting away from me falling for his good charming appeal and good looks. It was on a Friday night and it was at a time I was infatuated with this girl. She was my first girlfriend (gf) and I was trying to get ahold of my emotional state at the time, failing miserably. I was working at the Army & Navy warehouse beside where the Blue Plate restaurant is today and I remember I was living in a small bedroom suite about the same size of our bedroom sharing the bathroom and kitchen. The house is still there today behind Peoples church. A Google maps search will show the house and two poplar trees in the front. There's a white side door underneath a faucet and my room is the small window at ground level. I was trying to reach my gf by the pay phone at the Sandy Lane shopping centre. It's burned down now but still there from the last Google maps update. The pay phone booth would have right by where the news paper boxes adjacent to the access road are today. It was in that pay phone I'd be trying to call my gf about once every 15 minutes. As the night wore on I became more and more worried. We all heard the stories about this guy and they crept into my mind with each moment I failed to reach my gf. I had a hunch I knew she was with him. My gf mother was working that night or I suspected as much. Finally about 9:30pm her mother picked up the phone. It was just mother and daughter living together. I expressed my concerned to her mother where she might be and said with all confidence I could get her out of this situation. It began to rain slightly on that night Friday April 25th 1980. Her mom picked me up and we drove down to where I knew this guy lived because my gf was with him one night as we were coming back from a SCA meeting and I think she resented me tagging along that night. When we got to his place (it was called 5 Oaks, now Fairview place) and seeing his name on the intercom buzzer I think it was #405. I said something "like I'm mad as hell and her mom and I have come for my gf to take her home." Her mom had the car idling by the curb. So he said "Come up". I remembered the door number and flew up the stairs  fearing the worse when I got there but not knowing what to expect. He greeted me at the door all smiles inviting me in. "Would you like a glass of wine?" "Where's gf?" "Over here, she's in a meditative state. Its best not to wake her out of it when she's in this situation," I recall screaming, "What have you done to her?" By this time I was losing it. "Calm down, she's under no harm. I'll wake her out and ask her if she wants to go home." He woke her out of a so called trance, I think she was just putting on a show for his benefit. Keep in mind this was my first gf and I was 27 years old. When my gf came out of this "trance," she hissed at me and it kind of startled me. He got her to her feet and took her into his bedroom handing me a glass of wine saying something like, "I'll calm her down just relax." So as whatever was going on in his bedroom I noticed this chrome skeleton pyramid structure. It looked hand made. I sipped my wine and began to read something on his wall; "Liber Oz." It was very well written and shook me to the core of my being. He came back with my gf and I asked about this. He explained a bit of it to me. My gf said something like in a sweet voice and a warm smile, "Jim I'd like to stay, please?" I said, "Alright ok but I'd like to learn more about this and finish this wine if that's ok and I'll send her mom back home saying I'll take her home from here." He mom seemed relieved and agreed. Since that time I embarked on a 20 year magical career into Thelema. My gf went on to marry my best friend to live in Calgary. I discovered more about Crowley and even got the first 4 degrees and attached my self to various groups here in Edmonton. The local "Order Templi Orientis"  OTO lodge folded in 1996 at the time my father passed away. The guy that my gf was seeing moved to Vancouver about 1993 and that was the last time I heard from him. The people in our local OTO lodge and chapters and Oasis's were great people. By this time I had outgrown the OTO and resigned.However every time when it's a Friday night April 25th I always go back to that time, to the good old days.

The idea was to go to the lab about 2pm and then the Doctors appointment and then into work but that's a bit too much with having to get up early for Saturday morning. I'll do that next week. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment