Monday, April 21, 2014

ETS is still running on holiday schedule for transit today

what with it being Easter Monday. It means my commute will be slower.

Yesterday on YouTube (yes I got my sound back.) I was watching "The last 24 hours of Jimmy Hendrix." I was not a fan or anything per se`nor did I buy any of his music. I never had any money of my own when I was a teenage in the 1960's when Hendrix was in his prime to buy any music. My first $100 was in 1971 and then I vaguely remember buying 2 records, "Led Zeppelin" and some "Deep Purple" album. I was barely consciously aware of Jimmy Hendrix, just from what I heard on the radio. Anyway, the YouTube video about Hendrix's last 24 hours of his life was very in depth. Hendrix's career was compromised by his less then ethical manager Michael Jeffery and Jeffery's alleged ties to mafia elements. Hendrix lived the life of "sex drugs rock n' roll," and had a huge appetite for sex. For the most part of his short career, Hendrix was a political. It's when he got political and associated with the Black Panther movement that he began to get into trouble. During his last 24 hours Hendrix and his girlfriend residing at the Samarkand hotel in London. The night before he died, she said he was breathing normally and had taken a couple of his girlfriend's Vesperax sleeping pills. Apparently she went out or something that morning and returned and Hendrix was breathy slowly naked where she left him in bed, but unresponsive and all the package of sleeping pills were empty. She called for a ambulance that arrived an hour later. The 2 ambulance attendants could not bring Hendrix to consciousness. Yes she could ride in the ambulance to the hospital. Hendrix died at 12:45pm September 18,1970 (aged 27). When the autopsy was performed they found huge amounts of red wine in his belly and vomit in his mouth. Some historians believe that the mafia, while his girlfriend was out had entered into his room and forced copious amounts of wine down his throat basically drowning in his own wine. Years later the 2 ambulance attendants had said they found Hendrix with his cloths on in bed and that his girlfriend did not ride with them to the hospital. Also, Hendrix manager Jeffery had a $2 million dollar insurance policy on Hendrix as Hendrix was about to relieve Jeffery as his manager as he suspected Jeffery of milking him from thousands of dollars. The red wine and 9 sleeping pills, is what many believe was the cause of Hendrix's death. The odd thing about this is if Hendrix was found with his cloths on and all that wine forced into him how come there were no wine stains on his cloths or at his hotel room? It's a very strange case. 

Other then Tuesday's 2nd visit to the lab that morning and my appointment at the employment agency, at noon that same day, there's not a lot going on this week. I hope I can get a better paying day job and work where I am just a few days a week until I retire. Of course there's NHL playoff hockey hoping the Habs can sweep their series with Tampa Bay. I'm following that and the Oil Kings. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment