Thursday, April 17, 2014

Working the hours I have

5-9 has it's plus and minuses. On the plus side, I can stay up late as its going on to 4am as I write this. I can sleep in late. I can do business in the mornings if I have any. Also because my schedule is "tweak-able," I can take any night of the week off (if I can afford it), which is why I have penciled in Saturday and Sunday off. I'm having a long weekend off (I hope) but if my hours get "tweaked" again. I'm still taking Saturday and Sunday off, regardless! On the downside, I'm working just about everyday and I'm not getting enough hours.

Last night I downloaded this free program which can produce midi files into notation/sheet music. It works great but somehow it over took my YouTube channel and I cant get any sound out of my main computer, which kind of puts me off. It's probably a default thing. A online colleague of mine mentioned to me a few days ago that Ram isn't as important in music production is cpu. So this now opens up a whole bunch of possibilities. AMD computers usually have faster cpu speeds then Intel. I've seen AMD cpu speeds around 3.0Ghz, and that's in a laptop!

Yesterday I had to go to the blood lab to get some work done. I didn't know I had to take a pee test as well. Sorry but I can't just open it up like a tap or anything. They need me to go back to do the pee test and because I had a muffin on the train in they can't check for glucose readings. I also went and applied at a local employment agency that specializes in finding work for persons with disabilities. I'm trying to find something stable that pays good from noon-4pm Monday/Friday. Most of my colleagues have other jobs.  

So today I'm in at my usual 5-9 and then 3 days off! Plus I get my pay check this weekend as well. My wife gets it, I don't. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment