Friday, April 11, 2014

At 3am in the morning the city is out there

sweeping the streets from all the gravel and sand collected over the winter.

Yesterday I went to my Ophthalmologist and they put the drops in my eyes and flashed a couple of cameras, that sort of thing. After about 2 hours there the Doctor said there was after 10 years being diabetic, no diabetic eye damage. He got up and said "see you next year." Anne came down to see me as I was coming out and I recognized her. I explained to her the good news the Doctor just told me.

Holding my hand we went to City Centre food court and I had some Taco Time and looked around in Coles for awhile. After that we took the train and got home by just after 5pm. I wanted to go in for the 5pm shift but I had too much eye strain and a bit of blurred vision. This cleared up about 7pm and I watched the Kings shut out the Oiler's at Rexall 3-0. It's almost over.

Some sad news on the political front, Conservative finance minister Jim Flaherty passed away. He retired just recently. He was one of the good guys and brought in tax free savings plan and was one of the main reasons why Canada was able to keep at bay the 2008 recession in Eastern Canada.

I'm having a cold beer about ready to head off to be. I have a 5.5 hour shift and two full back to back days over the weekend. I'm not going to have a lot of time to myself this weekend but next weekend I'm taking the full 3 days off, possibly 4. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment